SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?)
Page 1 ... 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... 298
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
1792 small batch bourbon!!! This is such a nice product.

Posts: 6616 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I bought a sixer of this Friday night. Very tasty. Enjoying one while I cook some wings in the Big Easy.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Einbecker Mai-Ur-Bock with homemade wienerschnitzl, boiled potatoes, jagersahne, saurkraut, and konigskuchen for dessert. I put some Knob Creek Rye in the jagersahne. Gents, I may not die happy, but I can die content tonight.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. It's good for what ales ya!

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
After a miserable day of driving after a quick but nasty snowstorm last night that left ice covered roads for rush hour and a 4 hour 60 mile drive to work, I stopped at one of my local hunting grounds on the way home and spied this. $44.99 after 10% Tuesday booze discount. 132.5 proof lights up your mouth in a good way. Where's my jammies?!?!

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12932 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
Nice score, BRL. I like to add a single cube, and give it a few minutes. There is a point where the heat recedes and the flavors unstack, and it's worth the small effort to find it.

For me, tonight, Elijah Craig Barrel Proof. I also had a Jack Daniel's Rye mini, so I gave it a whirl too.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10354 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jigray3:
Nice score, BRL. I like to add a single cube, and give it a few minutes. There is a point where the heat recedes and the flavors unstack, and it's worth the small effort to find it.

For me, tonight, Elijah Craig Barrel Proof. I also had a Jack Daniel's Rye mini, so I gave it a whirl too.

stagg jr is hard to find? Got it by the case here.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Stumbled on this Eagle Rare in some whole in the wall. If I'm not mistaken this is part of the BTAC Buffalo Trace Antique Collection. If not seen one in the stores before but if it comes from the Buffalo Trace Distillery, I'd say it has a good chance of being a winner.

Normally I like my whisky neat. This was served well by some ice. Not my favorite bottle but it's certainly drinkable.

Posts: 12932 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2009 Bordeaux. Hauts de Pontet-Canet. Bought a case of it before it came out; my one and only wine future purchase. This is the first bottle I've opened.

Posts: 2693 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
BRL, Eagle Rare is not in the BTAC that I know of. Most of the Buffalo Trace offerings lack punch, IMO. If you can find the Col. E.H. Taylor Bottled-in-Bond Small Batch bourbon, pounce on it! That is a flavorable bourbon. BT also offers a Single Barrel, and a rye small batch. I have not tried those but will buy the rye for Christmas. The Sazerac Rye is also a fave.

Tonight, Dos Equis Amber, Victory Storm King, Boulevard Snow & Tell, Victory Mighty Things. Finishing with the Ardbeg 10 Yr.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Woodford Masters collection cherry smoked barely is simply amazing. The perfect balance of a spicy bourbon with a single malt scotch finish.

Posts: 547 | Location: Field of Dreams | Registered: September 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BRL:
Stumbled on this Eagle Rare in some whole in the wall. If I'm not mistaken this is part of the BTAC Buffalo Trace Antique Collection. If not seen one in the stores before but if it comes from the Buffalo Trace Distillery, I'd say it has a good chance of being a winner.

Normally I like my whisky neat. This was served well by some ice. Not my favorite bottle but it's certainly drinkable.

Eagle rare 17 is part of BTAC. That is eagle rare 10 yr. Not a bad bottle for 30ish.

Here is what Er17 of the btac looks like.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
^^^^ ah thanks. At least I wasn't being a complete idiot. Still learning.

Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
BRL, Good find on the Stagg Jr. Apparently it's readily available some places, but I'm in VA and had to order mine from London to get a bottle under 100$ if that tells you anything. Never found a bottle in 9 years of the FL panhandle either.

I was into the Glendronach Allerdice 18 last night with the chilly wind outside.

Posts: 2399 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Drinking Egg Nog and bourbon tonight.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30406 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Stagg Jr for me tonight

I stopped in my shop tonight and they had 8 bottles on the shelf. If any member wants one I'll send it. $55 plus tax and shipping would be in the $75 range (shipping usually runs $15)

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
Lagunitas Brown Shugga'

Posts: 3660 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Two Wheel Amber, Two Wheel IPA, Victory Mighty Things, Green Flash Palette Wrecker.

Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post

I'm digging this. A nice Highland Scotch that's deep with a nice smoky peat but not palate crushing. This one has been discontinued, or so I heard, so I wanted to try my mini and see if it was worth picking one up for the $75 or so. I think I might.

Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Love Highland Park.

Tonight I had a Vesper, a port, a Pinot Noir, a Hendrick’s gin and tonic. And a Cabernet. I’m sleepy.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12717 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post