SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?)
Page 1 ... 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... 298
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?) Login/Join 
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:
Glenlivit Nadurra, Peated.

OH! I've been looking for this one for a while, but it's not around my neck of the frozen tundra yet. What do you think of it?

Posts: 1729 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
For me it was Glenfiddich 18 (this morning after I got home), and probably Laph QC tomorrow morning....I can never go more than a couple of days without some Islay goodness!

Posts: 1729 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by akcopnfbks:
quote:
Glenlivit Nadurra, Peated.

OH! I've been looking for this one for a while, but it's not around my neck of the frozen tundra yet. What do you think of it?

The Nadurra is 61.5% ABV so I drank it with ice. The peat flavor is present initially but diminished as the bottle emptied. The bite was sharp, not hot.

Earlier this week I tried the LP Cardeas. If you like Islay scotch then this year's edition is a must buy; a bit of the Ardbeg peat, Lagaluvin creasote, and Laphroig iodine. Three whiskies in one. Excellent.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ardbeg peat, Lagaluvin creasote, and Laphroig iodine

Ha, That's everything I hate about Scotch in one sentence.

Smile

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:

Smile

And everything I adore!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:

Smile

Same here!

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Nadurra is 61.5% ABV so I drank it with ice. The peat flavor is present initially but diminished as the bottle emptied.

At over 120 proof, I'd say you were diminished. Wink

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spokane228:
quote:
The Nadurra is 61.5% ABV so I drank it with ice. The peat flavor is present initially but diminished as the bottle emptied.

At over 120 proof, I'd say you were diminished. Wink

A sipper for sure. Good, but not as good as the Cardeas. Tonight...

Glenfiddich 18, a gift for dog watching on Thanksgiving; Real Ale Three Lions, Shiner 777.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Schlafly Kölsch.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
Anyone tried old potrero rye whiskey? It’s on sale here for 50$. Worth it?

Posts: 2399 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You can't go
home again
Picture of LBAR15
posted Hide Post
We BYOB'd a few bottles of Barefoot Pinot Grigio to our favorite Italian place tonight. Great dinner, great wine and I’m feelin good. Smile

---------------------------------------
Life Member NRA

“If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve." - Lao Tzu

Posts: 4635 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Stiegl Gold at the moment. Going down nicely.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8949 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arabiancowboy:
Anyone tried old potrero rye whiskey? It’s on sale here for 50$. Worth it?

If you like scotch you may like it. I hate malt so its disgusting. Quite a few scotch lobers enjoy this bourbon though

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jack32586
posted Hide Post
The last OZ of Clase Azul Ultra left in the bottle after a great party! Been saving the bottle for the party, but now its over- so cheers to me.

Posts: 206 | Location: S/W Florida | Registered: October 10, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Just tried some Tullamore DEW after someone suggested it to me.

Pretty good. Can't wait to look around for the older stuff they offer.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11278 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
"Spice of Life" spiced hard cider from Black Apple Crossing, a local cidery.

Not a big hard cider fan, but a friend's band is playing here. Pretty good, especially when served hot.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
Talisker 10. One of my favorite single malts. Though it isn't a consistently good as it was a decade ago, it is still one of my top 5, and an occasional bottle is amazing. This current bottle I'm slowly working through is quite good, with very prominent Talisker signature chili pepper finish & that sweet smoke.

We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
I tried a Budweiser 1933 repeal reserve tonight. It was actually pretty good. No corn, no rice, just barley, water, yeast and hops. Tasted a bit better then a Yeuntling. Hard to believe it came from Budweiser actually.

Also had a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. Always good.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
Prisoner wine. What a great wine....will be doing this again.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Winter Lager

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post