SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?)
Page 1 ... 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... 298
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?) Login/Join 
No worries!
Picture of Chach
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
I had a glass of 10 year old The Macallan Fine Oak ..this bottle has a leak or something cause it keeps dissipating....

How would you compare it to the other Macallan offerings? I haven't tried the 10 year yet

Posts: 3188 | Location: NorCal - Sac | Registered: February 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chach:

How would you compare it to the other Macallan offerings? I haven't tried the 10 year yet

It is a Macallan. It's a lighter taste than the sherry cask finished stuff. It's smooth and doesn't have any harsh alcohol taste to it.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I stopped drinking beer a little over a month ago but the weather today just begged for a celebratory fall beverage. So we did grilled chicken kabobs with bacon and pineapple, and a few of BW3's sauces to dip in. Washed down with a Blue Moon Harvest Pumpkin Wheat. It was yummy Smile

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Averaging 6.3
posts per year
posted Hide Post
Jack Daniels. Hitting the spot, I must say.

Rick

Texting.......easier than calling.

Posts: 1365 | Location: P.C., FL - the emerald coast | Registered: September 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
My home barrel aged tequila with mtn dew prickly pear

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
A splash of Monkey Shoulder blended malt scotch. Neat. Smile

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10489 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mammoth Lakes, Summer Triple. Picked it up at the brewery when camping up there last week.

Posts: 751 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Iron Maiden Trooper Beer tonight! I have a case of iron Maiden Hallowed on tje way!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pabst Blue Ribbon. Wink Gone retro.

Posts: 3212 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dominion Octoberfest

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Enjoying some Sam Adams Harvest Hefe !
Reminds me of a pumpkin beer with the tartness of cranberries.

If you look close you'll see I christened the latest forged bottle opener to come from my forge.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1647 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
tk13, that's what I call a '3 cube pour'. 40% ABV, 1 ice cube; 50% ABV, 2 ice cubes; OGD 114, 3 ice cubes. Good stuff that OGD. About the only other whisky that I drink at that proof is Pepper Rye.

Tullamore Dew at Casa Kablammo tonight.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:
that's what I call a '3 cube pour'

I actually used 4 cubes, but in all fairness, they were pretty small cubes Razz.

Actually, the 114 proof is not that stout. I have a bottle of Stagg Junior @132.2 proof. That will singe your nostrils.

Posts: 1647 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Having some Samuel Adams Octoberfest in the wife's study.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
(This was what was in my glass last night. Forgot to hit "Post Now.")

Turns out New Holland Brewing Company also runs distilleries. Picked this up just yesterday. Very tasty Smile

Also picked up one of their bourbons. Also very tasty.

Stopped by CopperCraft Distillery as well. Of what they had that I wanted to taste test, I really liked their rum. Which is odd, because I don't usually sip rum. But this I will. Bought a fifth of that, too.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finally, found a Nikka 17 yr taketsuru now to finish my Masters program so I can open it.

Posts: 547 | Location: Field of Dreams | Registered: September 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Ayinger Brauweisse

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Last scheduled stay in the motorhome this year so I figured I'd bring back a few growlers.
Three Vanilla Porters & one Hazelnut Porter.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%