SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?)
Page 1 ... 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 ... 298
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?) Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Finishing up a growler of Vanilla Porter from the Millersburg Brewing Company.
Good stuff !

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
Elmer T for me.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10353 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
Rough Rider rye old fashioned for me tonight.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5576 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Round the horn tonight.

Ofbb 2016, 2017
Old forester statesman
Midwinters dram 2016

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Spaten Oktoberfest

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Unofficial end of summer Tanqueray and Tonic.

Posts: 11221 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Appliance Brad:
Unofficial end of summer Tanqueray and Tonic.

That's a winner! I acquired my taste for Tanqueray from the "brothas in the hood" where I grew up (Milwaukee), albeit usually with white grapefruit juice. Now that I live in a small town in corn country, I get weird looks ordering one on the rare occasion that me and the missus go out!

Tonight, though, is Exile Brewing Co. "Hannah" Bavarian Wheat Ale.

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
Tonight it's Teeling single malt Irish whiskey.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5576 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
First time trying the Makers Mark. I usually drink my whisky neat but tonight we're trying it on the rocks.

Pretty tasty at the first sip with a fair amount going on. Wasn't sure if I cared for the finish or not but that's not uncommon for first tastes. Second taste it all smoothed out.

I'll shut up now and drink my common whisky.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12932 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
As much as I enjoyed the Balvenie 21, I didn't like it enough to want to spend $200. The scotch guy at Total Wine recommended Grangestone, which I have to admit I am not familiar with.

Going to give this 18 a try in a bit, and if I really like it I'll give the 21 a shot.

What did you think of this? I've been tempted to try this to based on the recommendation of the white haired guy at Total Wine in Woodbury.

Keep in mind if you don't like it they have a no questions refund policy. I excersized that on some rye I bought that I couldn't stomach.

Posts: 12932 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Chamomille tea. I am trying to lose weight and save money. The expiration date is 2007. Hmmm.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dividing by zero
since 1966
Picture of rekstrom
posted Hide Post
Camus VSOP Cognac.

Posts: 2952 | Location: between locations at the moment | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tonight's the "forbidden sour cocktail".

1 oz pomegranate liqueur
1 oz bourbon of your choice
1 oz fresh lemmon juice
1/2 oz simple syrup

Add ingredients to a shaker and fill with ice.
Shake and strain into a rocks glass.

Chuck

Life's tough...tougher if you're stupid

(AKA "cwr" on SIGforum [email account issues])

Posts: 358 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: February 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Pappy 20

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dividing by zero
since 1966
Picture of rekstrom
posted Hide Post
Whistle Pig 10 year Rye. Nice and smooth.

Posts: 2952 | Location: between locations at the moment | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Laphroaig 18 year as Irma's eye approaches. Generator just came on and it will probably stay on for a few days.

Chuck

Life's tough...tougher if you're stupid

(AKA "cwr" on SIGforum [email account issues])

Posts: 358 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: February 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Started the evening with a nice pour of Highland Park 12. Pretty good but doesn't really stand out like some (not that that's always good).

Finished the evening off with Macallan 12 confirming what I believe, it's really tough to beat a Macallan though the Dalwhinnie 15 sure gives it a run for its money.

posted Hide Post
Weihenstephaner Festbier! Today Oktoberfest began! Making Jaeger Spätzle to go with it. Given Spätzle is hard to find here (except in the Army commissary), it's potatoes instead of spätzle this time.

Posts: 3214 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post