SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?)
Page 1 ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... 298
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?) Login/Join 
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
Sam Adams Octoberfest

Me too ....

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rekstrom:
^^^ How is the Blanton's? I posted in the bourbon thread I saw some in a store in town, and I am debating if the taste warrants the price over, say Basil Hayden or Four Roses small batch.

It depends on the price of the Blanton's. Usually the price is around $50 and that is affirmatory. For some reason I have seen Blanton's priced recently at $70 and that is a negatory. FWIW, I prefer Old Grandad which is most certainly preferred to BH or 4R. There is a Blanton's Gold that was posted in this thread. Basil Hayden is Old Grandad that has had the flavor aged out of it.

Clontarf tonight. And the kablammic hairy myopic eyeball rests soft on the Brenne french single malt whisky finished in cognac casks... a Christmas gift for the father of kablammo... will it survive the curious gaze and urge for quality control? Do real men eat quiche?

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dividing by zero
since 1966
Picture of rekstrom
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Whoa...NOW it's a party! Eek

Posts: 2952 | Location: between locations at the moment | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Makers cask strength

Lunch was Elijiah craig, jim beam, and evan williams 12 yr.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:
quote:
Originally posted by rekstrom:
^^^ How is the Blanton's? I posted in the bourbon thread I saw some in a store in town, and I am debating if the taste warrants the price over, say Basil Hayden or Four Roses small batch.

It depends on the price of the Blanton's. Usually the price is around $50 and that is affirmatory. For some reason I have seen Blanton's priced recently at $70 and that is a negatory. FWIW, I prefer Old Grandad which is most certainly preferred to BH or 4R. There is a Blanton's Gold that was posted in this thread. Basil Hayden is Old Grandad that has had the flavor aged out of it.

Blanton's is around 52 here. I might buy a bottle once or twice a year. My normal range for bourbon is 30. I really enjoy the Blanton's, especially since this was a gift.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men have insurance." JALLEN

Posts: 961 | Location: Shadow of St. Helens | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
You'll never guess where I'm drinking Weihenstephaner!

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23253 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
Founders Breakfast Stout, then a Bell's Expedition Stout.

Waiting a couple hours and then might wrassle with the Monk as a nightcap while watching Hannity, i.e. North Coast Brewing Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Todd, you in the Motherland? Smile Great beer, wife has one right now. I'm into this tonight

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Crown Royal, my sister's husband likes it so I tried a mini (its ok). Boulevard Milk Stout (meh), Boulevard Rosemary IPA. The BRIPA is a pleasant surprise.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dividing by zero
since 1966
Picture of rekstrom
posted Hide Post
Blue Moon Belgian White, then a snitch of Woodford Distiller's Select, and a bit of Knob Creek Small Batch 100.

Nice evening. Smile

Posts: 2952 | Location: between locations at the moment | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Outnumbered:
Todd, you in the Motherland? Smile Great beer, wife has one right now.
Nope. Chicago O'Hare Airport Terminal 3 has a sit down restaurant and bar called the Publcan. They only serve "interesting" beers like Weihenstephaner, Witbier, trappist monk ales, and craft beer. I was shocked at their menu. Good food too and it's nit cookie cutter either.

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23253 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cracked open a Hopflake White IPA from the Sam Adams holiday collection.

Quickly poured it down the drain and grabbed a Boston Lager. I like that and the Old Fezziwig...and I'll try the Chocolate Bock.

Why they don't sell the Old Fezziwig in 6 packs is beyond me.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Bell's Two Hearted

stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Mellow corn and coke.

Later, midwinters dram act 4

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
So I have found a new scotch. We have a family friend who recently moved here from Scotland; of course everything we drink in the states is "shit" compared to the homeland. We got into a debate about Isle of Jura...he says one of the best scotches he's tasted is the 16 year, and is not available to America, only casked if you visit Scotland .

Fuck that I said, I'll find it online! And then I sat thru a 5 minute lecture about how I am the reason the rest of the world hates Americans...we don't accept "no".

Bottom line, I found it online, ordered it, and he was pissed. like really pissed. Until I told him I would wait til spring to open it and share it with him, along with a very nice cigar.

I bought it, anyone have any experience with it?

To add - there is nothing better than a funnier than a Scottish dude swearing at you!

To add part 2: I had no idea of the near religious significance of the kilt. That was actually pretty interesting.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Crown Royal ditch. And I'm really enjoying it.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGguy229
posted Hide Post
Glenmerangie Lasanta

Posts: 1723 | Location: South.....Carolina | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
Ending the night with a vodka martini, olives and onion.

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2219 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blueshep
posted Hide Post
Angels Envy tonight!

----------------------------------------
NRA Lifetime Member

Posts: 1467 | Location: Northeast,Ohio | Registered: November 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post