SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?)
Page 1 ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 298
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?) Login/Join 
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Powers77:
Ended up sharing Dominos pizza and a bottle of 2008 Stags Leap Cask 23. Quite a pairing.

Pray tell, kind sir. My ear is bended.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
4th beer from mix n match sizer:

Enjoyable but not as good as Sam Adams

Last Octoberfest from the mix-n-match six-pack:

Glad I only bought one of these...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tatortodd,

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23246 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You can't go
home again
Picture of LBAR15
posted Hide Post
Long day for sure so poured myself a double of Crown Royal Reserve. Ahhhhhhh...

---------------------------------------
Life Member NRA

“If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve." - Lao Tzu

Posts: 4635 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:
quote:
Originally posted by Powers77:
Ended up sharing Dominos pizza and a bottle of 2008 Stags Leap Cask 23. Quite a pairing.

Pray tell, kind sir. My ear is bended.

Fortunate enough to have a couple of really good friends.
Here is the backstory. Couple of months ago a mutual friend gives me a bottle and two more to the third friend for some favors we have done over the past couple of years.
Last week I have a coworker give me a case of home grown apples. It's more than the wife and I can eat so I call my friend (recipient of the 2 bottles) and say I'll drop some apples off if someone is going to be home.
He responds by saying just come on over for supper. Have a roast on, ought to be good.
Ok, so supper ends up being changed to Domino's because the roast is smaller than he thought. Cool, we're there for the company anyway.
He ends up opening one of the bottles of Stags Leap because he knows that the wife and I are one of the few people they know who would truly appreciate the wine.
It was excellent by the way.

Posts: 1962 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fat Tire Amber Ale.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mttaylor1066
posted Hide Post

I was not impressed with this, there are quite a few better marzen/Oktoberfests avaiable.

Right before this I had a Yuengling Oktoberfest... also unimpressive.

No picture, but I did like Two Roads Ok2berfest marzen... much cleaner tasting and refreshing than the two noted above.

Company, villainous company hath been the spoil of me.

Posts: 1600 | Location: Stamford, CT | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Earth-2-O spring water

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
North Coast Le Merle Saison

A buddy gave me a 750 ml bottle to try.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by GrumpyBiker:
A little of this is going down well tonight

Spotted that in a market today while getting potato salad; a pack of that comes home on my next trip to the store.

I had to pick up some more this evening myself !!

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
Justin Cabernet

Posts: 2074 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyBiker:

Very nice. I've had Hofbrau Oktoberfest before, and really liked it.

Unfortunately, none of the beer distributors in this area stock any Hofbrau beer at all, so it's not available in any stores around here. Same with Hacker-Pschorr.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
My grocery has this in 12 oz. Bottles I enjoy this convenience.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Windchill
posted Hide Post
Goose Island- Experimental Summer 2016. Came in my Goose pack. Not bad.

Posts: 625 | Location: Surprise, surprise, surprise! , AZ | Registered: November 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Stranahan's Colorado Whiskey, its a bit soft or vanilla.
Eagle Rare, seems to be a tad hot after the Stranahan's.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
I almost grabbed the ballast point marzen. Went with ichabod pumpkin. Was good, not too pumpkiny

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyBiker:

Very nice. I've had Hofbrau Oktoberfest before, and really liked it.

Unfortunately, none of the beer distributors in this area stock any Hofbrau beer at all, so it's not available in any stores around here. Same with Hacker-Pschorr.

My friend / supplier in Sugarcreek has all the best!

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I had a nice glass of Lagavulin 8 Special Release. I also have a raging head cold. Couldn't taste the peat or the smoke. Just the alcohol. Poured it back into the bottle.

Posts: 7525 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mttaylor1066
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:
I had a nice glass of Lagavulin 8 Special Release. I also have a raging head cold. Couldn't taste the peat or the smoke. Just the alcohol. Poured it back into the bottle.

Now there is a prudent drinker!

Had a bomber of Wilco Tango Foxtrot from Lagunitas yesterday afternoon/night. If you like 'em roasted, toasted, malty and bitter... this is the brew for you:

Lagunitas wanted to call it "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot" but the FDA forbids using "whiskey" as a main label descriptor for anything other than whiskey. (Geez, like we'd never be able to tell the difference!)

Company, villainous company hath been the spoil of me.

Posts: 1600 | Location: Stamford, CT | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Tastes like it's still summer!

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23246 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post