SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?)
Page 1 ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 298
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whats in your glass tonight??? Part(?) Login/Join 
Picture of kandersn
posted Hide Post
Tonight it's Focal Banger from the Alchemist in VT. The retail store is open in Stowe, VT. They have a 2 4-pack per beer limit. They do run out by the end of the day, so you have to get there early.

Focal Banger is extremely hoppy. I think I like it better than Heady Topper. I'm a hop head.

All 4 of these are from the Alchemist. The Sterk Wit was a limited edition and it's all gone now. It was a Belgian White.

The Crusher is less hoppy than Heady, but it's got more of a malt profile and has a lot of alcohol in it.

Kevin

Posts: 281 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: September 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Schneider Aventinus Eisbock.

A whopping 12%. Very similar to a Quadrupel.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Schlafly Oktoberfest. Not bad at all.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMPinNYC
posted Hide Post
Tonight my wife prepared for me a whisky sour, with Burnside bourbon, crushed ice, Equal (yes, Equal) and lemon juice. Tasty.

Best regards,
Nick.

NRA Life Member and Certified Instructor

Posts: 710 | Location: Back in northern NJ/NY State Catskills | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The nectar of the gods, aged for over 100 years, dinosaurs swam in it, fish have sex in it, served over ice made from itself-WATER.

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Ayinger Oktoberfest

Finally available in my area! And it's every bit as good as the past years.

Bought the remaining 9 half-liter bottles left at my usual beer supplier. (He was only able to get one case from this first shipment, and had already sold a little over half.)

I also put two more cases on order. Hopefully I'll be able to get one or both of them. Last year, supply was very limited, and I only managed to acquire one full case before it ran out for good.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Rittenhouse Rye.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Taylor Rye

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good, bad, I'm the
guy with the gun
Picture of 45ProCarry
posted Hide Post
Maker's Mark over ice. Wink

Posts: 2343 | Location: USA | Registered: May 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mttaylor1066
posted Hide Post

These will be in glasses at noon today. My pal Angelo will be coming over for lunch. Entrepreneur, Viet Nam vet, bonhomie, raconteur and Master chef. A great guy to have a beer with.

I scored these a few weeks ago in Vermont. I was #30 in line to acquire 8 cans of each in tiny Waitsfield, VT at 9:30 a.m. on a Thursday.

Had them both before. Both are excellent beers, but not life-changing.

I'll give Heady Topper one thing, if you drink it on the day it's released it is QUITE good... provided you like hops with your hops using beer as a delivery mechanism.

Once each of these gets a few weeks age, they lose a step. The "punch on the nose" hop aroma fades after a few days. Heady advises "Drink from the can!" because the action of pouring the beer into a glass causes some of those aroma hops to bubble away with the foam.

I've conducted this experiment with friends and we've proven it to ourselves.

Company, villainous company hath been the spoil of me.

Posts: 1600 | Location: Stamford, CT | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Having some Brew Kettle OctoberFest

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tonight it is a whiskey sour.

Chuck

Life's tough...tougher if you're stupid

(AKA "cwr" on SIGforum [email account issues])

Posts: 358 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: February 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
O'fallon vanilla pumpkin beer

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
E.W. single barrel 2008? ^^

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Yes, the first one that I have seen. I tried both to compare. The 2008 was aged 7.5 years and does not seem to have developed fully. The bottle from barrel 666 tastes much more like the EWSB that I like.

posted Hide Post
Saturday went to Cider Dayze at Blake's Hard Cider mill in Armada, MI.

Had 9 samples of cider and beer from all over...all really good.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Blue Mountain Concealed Darkness barrel aged imperial stout chocolate orange variant from last year.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Ayinger Oktoberfest

Finally available in my area! And it's every bit as good as the past years.

Bought the remaining 9 half-liter bottles left at my usual beer supplier. (He was only able to get one case from this first shipment, and had already sold a little over half.)

I also put two more cases on order. Hopefully I'll be able to get one or both of them. Last year, supply was very limited, and I only managed to acquire one full case before it ran out for good.

I would like to try that one. What store did you find it at if you don't mind me asking?

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Currently watching the Razorbacks play while drinking Paulaner Oktoberfest Märzen.

quote:
Originally posted by sasquatch28:
I would like to try that one. What store did you find it at if you don't mind me asking?

I get my Ayinger from Liquor World in Fayetteville.

Liquor Mart in Fayetteville has stocked it in years past, as has Macadoodles just across the Missouri line. But I don't know if those stores have any currently.