SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Food Lab's Take on the BLT
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Food Lab's Take on the BLT Login/Join 
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted
It won't be too long before locally grown tomatoes are available, so it's time to start thinking about BLTs.

I don't agree with everything in this vid, but he's got the idea and I'd eat the hell out of that sammich right about now.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKedOxQiMB8

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15481 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Tomato season is just starting in Florida. BLT is on the menu.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12774 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
My celebrity tomato plant is really producing a lot of fruit. It won't be long until they turn red and end up in BWLT.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23245 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
...BWLT.

Betty White Lettuce and Tomato?

Posts: 3381 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
...BWLT.

Betty White Lettuce and Tomato?
bacon weave lettuce tomato

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23245 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Bacon weave is the way to go, or as zoom6zoom has christened it: The 'bacon lattice and tomato' sammich.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15481 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
I just don't like raw tomatos. I only like them sauced. It's not the taste but the texture I don't like.

Posts: 3381 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post

Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
I like the Pineapple tomato with cheese, black pepper mayonnaise and slice of red onion.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
BLT = Perfect food

end of story

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
After that video I am real hungry,but my tomatoes are weeks out from bring ripe Confused

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
STOP IT!! STOP IT!! BEST food in the world!! Big Grin Wink

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post