SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Buffalo Trace bourbon?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buffalo Trace bourbon? Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Neither Buffalo Trace nor Eagle Rare are difficult typo find here. I prefer the former.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dividing by zero
since 1966
Picture of rekstrom
posted Hide Post
Buffalo Trace is on the shelf here, as is Eagle Rare. We also get all of the Four Roses aplenty.
Just don't try to find anything with the name "Weller" in it. Or "Van Winkle."

Posts: 2952 | Location: between locations at the moment | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by woods62:
I did the distillery tour at Buffalo trace and was sad that the only tastings offered were:
Buffalo Trace (own)
Eagle Rare (own)
White Dog
Vodka

So I did the white dog and vodka.

What they have to sample can vary, just depends on what they are botteling at the time.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
Hard to find here; if you want it you put your name on a list and they will call you when it comes in. Only get one or two cases every three or four months.It is Very smooth.

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When the will is strong, everything is easy
Picture of celticwolf
posted Hide Post
I just had a friend who lives in KY bring me 2 cases of Buffalo Trace mini bottles. I take these on planes so I am not stuck with choosing between Jack and Woodford.

Buffalo Trace is the best I have ever had when price is factored in. The warehouse where they age it smells like heaven. Finding it can be tricky. Many liquor stores around here do not carry anything from their distillery. Total Wine and More, keeps it in a locked cabinet.

"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of
avoiding reality." Ayn Rand

Posts: 2125 | Location: AZ | Registered: April 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Seamus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by celticwolf:
I just had a friend who lives in KY bring me 2 cases of Buffalo Trace mini bottles. I take these on planes so I am not stuck with choosing between Jack and Woodford.

I thought opening your own alcohol on a plane was a federal crime. If it's not I really need to be doing this as well.

"Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough."

-Mark Twain

Posts: 416 | Registered: January 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Buffalo Trace makes 14 brands of bourbon in over 40 different variations.

At one time the granddaughter of George Stagg worked at Buffalo Trace. Very interesting lady to talk to.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
An excellent bourbon.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post