SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Buffalo Trace bourbon?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buffalo Trace bourbon? Login/Join 
Alea iacta est
posted
Pretty sure this is the one that's like constantly out of stock, everywhere, never available, right? I hope so.

I just found some on the shelf and bought three 1.75s of it. Lol

And a bottle of Eagle Rare. It's gonna be a good night. Big Grin

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
Buffalo Trace is my current favorite.

It can be hard to get at times.

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3110 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, two of my favorites. It's never out of stock here in KY.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
pappy van winkle is always out of stock, but buffalo is pretty good.

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Always in stock around here. For those who are not aware, Buffalo Trace, Eagle Rare, and Blanton's are all from the same distillery. My favorites.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
Lots of it around here, shelves are always full. I keep a 1.75L bottle in my rotation at all times.

Now if you see a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle or Lot B you should get them. Those are hard to find.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Up here in the great unwashed North, it seems it's never on the shelf. And one place I found it in MN that ships to WI had limit 1, no online sales. I've checked everywhere in WI from Madison to MKE and in between. Just happy to have some. Lol

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gspdude
posted Hide Post
Eagle Rare is harder to find than Buffalo Trace, at least in the Cincinnati area. Some liquor stores never have either, others are hit or miss. I do enjoy both.

Posts: 544 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Eagle Rare is not rare in Richmond VA

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5053 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
I had a nice glass yesterday after work with a buddy over a discussion of guns and music. It was a pleasant 45 mins of sipping. Its smooth.

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5296 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can't throw a cat here without hitting some, of course it's made 30 minutes down the road. If you run across some Blanton's be sure to grab it next time.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did the distillery tour at Buffalo trace and was sad that the only tastings offered were:
Buffalo Trace (own)
Eagle Rare (own)
White Dog
Vodka

So I did the white dog and vodka.

Posts: 547 | Location: Field of Dreams | Registered: September 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by woods62:
I did the distillery tour at Buffalo trace and was sad that the only tastings offered were:
Buffalo Trace (own)
Eagle Rare (own)
White Dog
Vodka

Didn't they offer the Bourbon Cream along with the root beer? They usually offer it as "dessert".

Posts: 1647 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tk13:
quote:
Originally posted by woods62:
Buffalo Trace (own)
Eagle Rare (own)
White Dog
Vodka

Didn't they offer the Bourbon Cream along with the root beer? They usually offer it as "dessert".

I have a bottle of that in the fridge. Looking forward to mixing it with some not your father's 11% when jlemmy comes to town in June for the WI shoot.

Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
I haven't been able to track down Blanton's for over 7 months now.

Posts: 1315 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Their Wheatleys Vodka is actually very good.

Posts: 13812 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
I have been drinking Wild Turkey 101. How does Buffalo Trace compare with that?

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All the Buffalo Trace bourbons are hit or miss here and when I asked about Elmer T Glee, they told me it was now by lottery only. I grab anything I can get from that distillery.

You've got to know what to do when you don't know what to do.

Posts: 364 | Location: SML-VA | Registered: November 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Smoother Wink
quote:
Originally posted by rtquig:
I have been drinking Wild Turkey 101. How does Buffalo Trace compare with that?

Posts: 13812 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
Next outing to the liquor store I'll buy the Buffalo Trace and look for the Eagle Rare.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post