SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    National Solar Observatory evacuated by FBI, no one knows why
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

National Solar Observatory evacuated by FBI, no one knows why Login/Join 
All the time
Picture of Gear.Up
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2320 | Location: East TN | Registered: July 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oh, for fuck's sake. Roll Eyes

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Perhaps someone caught a glimpse of Para’s comet? Big Grin

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory is still on line, https://sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov/ and is showing a good sized coronal hole, so expect decent auroras 9/16-17...

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
No, it's the end of the world. Roll Eyes

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Those pesky God Damned Commies are pulling out all the stops...

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Toilets backed up, scorpions...

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well, nuts. I guess I won't be needing the camping spot at Bahia Honda State Park we finally got after three years of trying. I hope it's not to late to get our money back.

Posts: 10821 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The internet is the most powerful concentrator of stupidity ever, and it's going to get much worse.

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
And it will result in a singularity.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Something screwy is going on that’s for sure. I just looked outside for the Sun and it wasn’t there.

I shit you not...

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10917 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
If you have a friend with a bunker they will probably be unavailable for a few days...

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
Dogs and cats sleeping together....

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!

Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...

The dead rising from the grave!

Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
quote:

Well, nuts. I guess I won't be needing the camping spot at Bahia Honda State Park we finally got after three years of trying. I hope it's not to late to get our money back.

You lucky son of a gun !

We gave it a rest, after trying that long for a spot at Long Key. Frown

Just plan to go regardless, there are worse places to watch Para's comet coming in Wink

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Probably caught an image of an alien craft flying near the Sun.

Or...it is now Heinlein's "The Year of the Jackpot".

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:

My third cousin's half-brother just heard this from a guy who saw it on the webz, while surfing from a top-secret location in his parents basement....

The FBI uncovered a USA mainland invasion plot, barely in the nick of time. Here's what we know:
- Kim Jong Un was behind it all.
- North Korea secretly launched a massive spacecraft without anyone knowing what occurred.
- Evidently the N.K. craft was rendered undetectable by western countries' spying eyes, due to using an prototype clingon cloaking device, adapted from blueprints kept in William Shatner's safe.
- N.K. used their invisible craft to steer comet Kohoutek from its orbit around planet Nibiru, towards the dark side of the Sun, using David Meade's calculations.
- The Sunspot Observatory spotted both the N.K. craft and the comet just as their orbits were lining up with the Sun's corona.
- A Rooskie double-agent plant at the Observatory notified his KGB contact of the event, who phoned his gender-neutral pal at the FBI.
- The FBI swooped in to the facility, shut down their webz feed, and flashed all employees with their MiB neuralyzers.

What we suspect:
- Kim Jong Un's armada was to fly behind re-directed comet Kohoutek, back to Earth, undetected to the last.
- Trajectory calculations placed the N.K. ship to land at Alamagordo, NM, near the Sunspot Observatory.
- The N.K. troops were to first invade Alamagordo's high school. Alamagordo's high school "Tigers" marching band is considered a fierce opponent, and the key to taking control of mainland USA.
- The FBI did not want a national panic to occur. They knew that neither Patrick Swayze nor Chris Hemsworth were available to lead the local rebellion to push back the N.K. troop invasion.
- As a result, the FBI sealed off the area, brought in hundreds of sharks with frickin' lasers attached to their heads to shoot down the N.K. invasion craft.
- If the lasers don't work, the FBI has also flown in the entire Swedish bikini team to the NM region. The ladies will be used to great the N.K. invasion troops with a "special" cocktail of purple cool-aide, endorsed by a Dennis Rodman look-alike.

Stay tuned.....

Posts: 7852 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
For what it is worth:

If it were a mercury spill, The FBI wouldn't be there and wouldn't need the Blackhawk.

The local post office is closed indefinitely and nearby residents were forced to leave.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post