SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    National Solar Observatory evacuated by FBI, no one knows why
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

National Solar Observatory evacuated by FBI, no one knows why Login/Join 
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted
Closure of National Solar Observatory puzzles local community

SUNSPOT, N.M. (KRQE) - The National Solar Observatory in southern New Mexico is closed and no one seems to know why.

Aura, the company that co-manages the observatory in the town of Sunspot with New Mexico State University, did not give a reason for it.

People who live in nearby Cloudcroft are just as puzzled.

"Nothing really happens up here much and so nobody knows. It could be almost anything,"

There is currently a working telescope at the observatory where the university conducts research.

https://www.krqe.com/news/new-...community/1435481116

--------------------------------

A couple of news stories on this. FBI ordered the evacuation of the Observatory and the post office that is adjacent to it. Not giving any information as to why other than "possible security threat". The local Sheriff stated to the media he doesn't even know why or what is going on.

Should be interesting to watch.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That is my spot.
posted Hide Post
Where's that Crazy haired "Aliens" guy?

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

Posts: 2110 | Location: Rural Tallahassee, FL | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Aliens?

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
Someone was selling sun screen laced with MJ.

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Simple explanation: The space aliens, who hide their ships on the far side of the sun, need to move one or more of them and don't want to cause a fuss. They just called the hot line and had the government close the observatory for awhile. You think the hot line goes to Russia? No way. We just put them on speed dial at the end of the cold war. That red phone has been a direct line to the space aliens for a long time.

Makes about as much sense as anything else.

Posts: 1313 | Location: Gainesville, VA | Registered: February 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
This image from Google maps clearly shows the reason - mutants!

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4923 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
The truth is out there.

Posts: 15847 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
The truth is out there.

If you gaze long and hard enough you mean?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Article I read said FBI swooped in to do the evac and asked local Sheriff to assist with perimeter but wouldn’t share what was going on with the Sheriff.

Sheriff pulled his Deputies short time later since alphabet boys wouldn’t tell him what was going on, what they were looking for, or what they were doing there.

Cant remember where I came across it, maybe a link on drudge or FB.

Curious...

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4x5:
This image from Google maps clearly shows the reason - mutants!

looks a bit cloudy, maybe that's why? Cool

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Maybe they found Ur...anus????

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FINALLY ! "First Contact" !!!

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
Aliens?

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7652 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post

Posts: 15847 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Maybe White Sands is doing a missile test?

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
[url=https://imgflip.com/memegenerator][/url]

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Article I read said FBI swooped in to do the evac and asked local Sheriff to assist with perimeter but wouldn’t share what was going on with the Sheriff.

"The last suit you'll ever wear"

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Have they blamed Trump yet?

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1857 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post