SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dying chimp recognizes former caretaker: very moving
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dying chimp recognizes former caretaker: very moving Login/Join 
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted
If this doesn't tear you up, check your pulse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INa-oOAexno

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dang, very moving may be a bit of an understatement. Thanks for posting that.

Posts: 7523 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Very moving.

Bytes beat me to it.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
I love the way she refuses food and water. And then after that, such an incredible show of love and tenderness. Then she settles back into her dying.

Animals are inferior life forms. Right? How many of us humans die with such dignity and acceptance?

I lived among lots of elephants, and saw so much intelligence, affection and humor.

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Very moving.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Very touching. Thanks for posting, justjoe.

Posts: 8602 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by
How many of us humans die with such dignity and acceptance?

My mother-in-law did.

I was the last to arrive. She remained lucid until I was there. Afterward, she slipped into a coma, and then into that long sleep.

Her children were taking care of business, so I stayed with her.

When she took her last breath, I held her hand. She was so at peace with the inevitable and embraced it readily.

I was astonished at the first thought the lept into my mind...

START CPR, CODE BLUE...

Then

No, no, it's not what she wanted.

Once a paramedic, I guess.

I waited an enternity, in reality about five minutes, before calling the nursing station.

I can only hope I die with that dignity.

Kathryn, thank you for all you did for me. For your greatest gift, Sara. Our gift to you is Kitty. Enjoy glory.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31376 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I would get very sad if I watched it, but thank you for caring.

If I get the courage, I will watch it later.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One Who Knows
Picture of Brother
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much. This was soul stirring and a beautiful thing to see, which I needed.

Posts: 1587 | Location: Central MO | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CNYTX11
posted Hide Post
I think that the best parts of us may well be those that we share with our simian brothers and sisters.

S&W M-66-2 (3")/ S&W M-65LS (3")/ S&W M-10 (2")/Colt Combat Commander Series 70

Posts: 651 | Location: Johnson County, KS | Registered: February 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Man, that is very moving. I don’t know what else to say other than I am glad the chimp saw him. Wow.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
Man, that is very moving. I don’t know what else to say other than I am glad the chimp saw him. Wow.

That was my thought, too. I'm glad she was able to have that moment of joy, to forget about her suffering and know someone who cared for her was within reach.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Wow. That was kinda rough.

I'm glad I saw it though.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7230 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Very moving.
Tough to watch, but I'm glad I did.
Thanks for posting.
Who says animals are dumb and lack feelings?

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anarion
posted Hide Post
funny how she kept ruffling his gray hair as if to say, "damn, Jan, you're gettin' old!" very touching, and glad she was able to know that she was loved in her last days/hours

==============================
On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory.
Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 3106 | Location: Houston | Registered: December 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Blurry screen...... Frown

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
That was extremely moving. Definitely glad I opened this thread.

Posts: 3518 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scientific Beer Geek
posted Hide Post
That was indeed very moving and a reminder of the love animals can share with humans. I must have gotten something in my eyes too.

Mike

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2078 | Location: Philadelphia Suburbs | Registered: August 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
The video is sad, for sure, but there are different kinds of "sad." There's the kind that leaves you empty, depressed. That's one kind. This video, for me, anyway, is different. There is so much strength and dignity in "Mama," and so much love when she sees her former care taker, that although it made me tear up, I felt... I'm not sure of the right word... fortified? Inspired? Those might not be exactly the right words, but I felt something very positive.

Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
The video is sad, for sure, but there are different kinds of "sad." There's the kind that leaves you empty, depressed. That's one kind. This video, for me, anyway, is different. There is so much strength and dignity in "Mama," and so much love when she sees her former care taker, that although it made me tear up, I felt... I'm not sure of the right word... fortified? Inspired? Those might not be exactly the right words, but I felt something very positive.

One of the youtube commenters called it bittersweet. That's a pretty good word for it, I think.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post