SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How to multicam a Safariland holster?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to multicam a Safariland holster? Login/Join 
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted
Hi all,

I just purchased a Safariland 7377 7TS holster for my Glock 17. It came in FDE, but I'd like to apply a multicam pattern to it to somewhat match the rest of my belt and pouches. It certainly doesn't need to look perfect, just in keeping with the theme. What specific paint kit or strategy would you recommend? I've seen a few stencils available online too. Anyone attempted this before? Thanks!

Chris

Posts: 2336 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
You might look to see if you have anyone nearby that could hydrodip it for you.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Spraypaint and stencils will be the cheapest route.

Hydrodipping will be more expensive, but look better.

Your best-looking option would be to just order a holster in Multicam from Safariland. (Although Safariland is apparently currently running several months behind on special order holsters.)

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7398 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I have no contact with the company, but they offer a re-wrap service for Safariland holsters:

https://rdrgear.com/collections/holster-wraps

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For the cost and/or hassle of other options, I would just decide that FDE matches great! Big Grin

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post