SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    All you can eat crab legs at the Chinese buffet - the crowd goes wild
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

All you can eat crab legs at the Chinese buffet - the crowd goes wild Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
How do they get all the fur off those crab legs so well?

Posts: 12578 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I can attest, 'The Golden Corral' is a place to avoid.

Since it was Chinese, maybe the 'crab legs' were stuffed with Cod?

Posts: 6130 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
I haven't done an ALL-YOUCRAM-INTO -YOUR-PIE-HOLE place since I went to the Golden Corral in Manassas, VA. I saw a person lick the "mac and "cheese" serving spoon clean and place it back into the almost full tray. I stepped up to warn the next grazer only to be met with a hostile screech of "No cutting the line!" At that point I left.

Never again.

Agreed.

What REALLY disgusts me about Golden Corral is that chocolate fountain thing they have. You know they only ever top it off, and never change it out. Some of that chocolate has probably been circulating for years...

And with people (and unsupervised kids) mobbing it to dip food in there, you know the bottom of the tub is a treasure chest of artifacts like pacifiers, combs, dentures, etc.

Posts: 1073 | Location: Norfolk, VA | Registered: June 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
After I participated with ICE on an immigration raid at a Chinese buffet restaurant, NEVER AGAIN will I eat in one; you don't want to know what the kitchen looked like! Frown Eek

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
I saw something like this happen at an all you can eat Mexican buffet. Five college age boys, who must have starved themselves for days showed up. They did ask them to leave.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:

my brother made a pint to eat at Golden Corral when he was..................backed up....

cleaned him out good

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Ew.

In general, I don't eat buffet food anymore, not in many years.

As for the crab part in particular, it isn't much different from every crawfish boil I've been to, or a trip to Sizzler, or Red Lobster on shrimp night, or free soup/salad at Italian Garden.

Seen it all, done it, and never again - except crawfish boils.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I hit a buffet maybe once a quarter. Usually it's a sushi buffet around the corner here in town when I do.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Was Jameis there?

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Crab is not a food I'd get at a buffet. In fact, if the crab isn't local, I don't want it at any restaurant. It will be frozen in a brine (on the fishing vessel most likely) and just won't be that good. I want my shellfish fresh and never frozen.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:

my brother made a pint to eat at Golden Corral when he was..................backed up....

cleaned him out good

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
I would avoid "all you can cat" seafood. You know they are buying from the cheapest source possible.

Like dollar sushi, it just isn't worth it.

Posts: 3248 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
I haven't done an ALL-YOUCRAM-INTO -YOUR-PIE-HOLE place since I went to the Golden Corral in Manassas, VA. I saw a person lick the "mac and "cheese" serving spoon clean and place it back into the almost full tray. I stepped up to warn the next grazer only to be met with a hostile screech of "No cutting the line!" At that point I left.

Never again.

^^^ This...
I would only ever eat at a Buffet if I am positive I am the FIRST person in line. Otherwise, no way...
I worked at a place that had a Salad Bar - the things I saw people do there cured me of ever wanting to eat at a Buffet again.
Spoon licking is a perfect example...

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3909 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
I wish I had nothing better to worry about than what people eat that they've paid for themselves. Really, WGAF?!

Posts: 1804 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Crab is not a food I'd get at a buffet. In fact, if the crab isn't local, I don't want it at any restaurant. It will be frozen in a brine (on the fishing vessel most likely) and just won't be that good. I want my shellfish fresh and never frozen.

Or raw oysters as I witnessed some guys eat at a local Chinese buffet. I thought to myself "these guys are just asking for trouble." I wanted to suggest that they stop by the local pharmacy on their way home because they were going to need it.

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1900 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
This is why I like eating at places that those folks wouldn't like (because it's not a shitty chain) and couldn't afford.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah, you are referring to the All-You-Can-Keep-Down-For-$5.99-Buffet?

No thanks. Barf!

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
We got talked into joining some friends at a Sizzler in Alabama once when attending Talladega. It was a breakfast buffet and I had a piece of white toast and coffee. Everything was swimming in congealed old grease. There was one couple there with two pre-teenage boys and they were all so big they would not fit at one table.

Posts: 5610 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post