SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Baltimore Residents Blame Record-High Murder Rate On Lower Police Presence
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Baltimore Residents Blame Record-High Murder Rate On Lower Police Presence Login/Join 
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Baltimore school police officer breaking up fight doused with bleach

No doubt they are really fighting to get back in. This is what the thugs wanted. Not they see the result.

They can't get people to take the job or retain them.

quote:
altimore Police Commissioner Kevin Davis said Friday he will reassign 100 officers to patrol duty after the police union charged that the city has far too few officers on the street to ensure safety.

Davis said he took issue with the union's claim this week that Baltimore is "at great risk" because of a police shortage, but acknowledged he does not have enough officers to fill patrol shifts.

So he admits he has too few officers.....but there's no shortage....

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Author,
cowboy,
friend to all
posted Hide Post
Not one call for concealed carry, or mention of the second amendment, just wanting the city to do it for them. I love it!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ed Fowler,

Posts: 2401 | Location: Riverton Wyoming | Registered: June 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dividing by zero
since 1966
Picture of rekstrom
posted Hide Post
Quote: ""That change begins with a conversation between the communities directly involved," Scott says."

Yeah, a conversation.

Seems that when leftists call for a "Conversation" about something it is always a one-way lecture in which they make their demands and we must submit.

No thanks. Roll Eyes

Posts: 2952 | Location: between locations at the moment | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
It takes aggressive, well -led proactive policing by committed, courageous officers on the street to impact rampant crime. That takes a well funded department with high employment standards. Baltimore is experiencing the Ferguson Effect. Every community gets precisely the quality of policing they deserve.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Let's see now. Chicago has asked the UN to help police their streets so maybe this is the way to go.

Or not.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/.../01/01/nyd-shooting/

Baltimore just recorded its first two murders of the year after struggling with a per capita record number of killings last year.

Baltimore Police say the first shooting happened in the 2000 block of Eagle St. on New Year’s Day at 3:40 p.m. — not even 16 hours into the new year.

The second shooting occurred just hours later, around 5:45 p.m

Posts: 19574 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What HayesGreener said!
Also:
The community has to stop tolerating crime.
The prosecutors and judges have to work with police to ensure offenders are jailed and stay there.
None of this will happen in Baltimore. Or any other major US city.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16089 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's always the police officer's fault. They don't do this ,they don't do that. What about the community(s) blaming themselves for raising idiots and criminals that they cannot control? What about the numerous people who witness crimes but don't "snitch" because that is "not right"? I have seen it before many times, tons of people around during criminal acts but nobody saw nuttin'. They wonder why crime gets worse. You couldn't pay me enough to be a police officer today with all of the red tape they have to get through, I see enough on the fire side. I really do feel bad for the cops,they have their hands tied.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
It's always the police officer's fault. They don't do this ,they don't do that. What about the community(s) blaming themselves for raising idiots and criminals that they cannot control? What about the numerous people who witness crimes but don't "snitch" because that is "not right"? I have seen it before many times, tons of people around during criminal acts but nobody saw nuttin'. They wonder why crime gets worse. You couldn't pay me enough to be a police officer today with all of the red tape they have to get through, I see enough on the fire side. I really do feel bad for the cops,they have their hands tied.

It's fecal thinking. People of that thinking make the ghetto.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
LOL...They will never acknowledge the problem. smh

Baltimore mayor replaces Kevin Davis as police commissioner, citing rising crime

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
My number one cylinder spark plug is fouled. So I will replace spark plug number four

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post