SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    (laughs) Pot company buys entire town to create Cannabis friendly municipality
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

(laughs) Pot company buys entire town to create Cannabis friendly municipality Login/Join 
Dean of Law
Picture of heavyd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
Here's what they're buying.

It won't look like that for long. The pot heads will come pouring in.

H. Dean Phillips
$99 Gun Trusts
https://nfalawyers.com

Posts: 6614 | Location: Georgia | Registered: December 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Here's what they're buying.

Rail line, highway access, clear air, moderate temperatures (compared to Texas)....I could work with that. I even know where to find the water. Hmmm.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Group buy?

Posts: 663 | Registered: August 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Meh, I'd rather see a 2A friendly town.

I believe in CA, CCW permits are at the discretion of the Police chief or Sheriff, or something like that.

Buy a town, hire Alan Gottlieb to be your Police Chief, and hand out CA CCW permits to anyone who buys a "small condo" there, to prove residency.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
I think it's awesome. I'm all for renewable energy and freedom. If private enterprise wants to use for experiment to show green can be cost effective, great. If they want to create resort town for those that wish to toke, great. Have a great time guys, as long as I don't have to subsidize any of it.
Or go through it. I don't want to do it, see it, or smell it.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Maybe they are REM fans and will rename it Chronic Town

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^ Eh, that line about "burst and torn, repeat reel" might be bad luck. Some small municipalities can float from existential crisis to existential crisis for decades if not (at least back east) centuries.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo Jones:
Maybe they are REM fans and will rename it Chronic Town

Then they'd be losing their religion. Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
I think it's awesome. I'm all for renewable energy and freedom. If private enterprise wants to use for experiment to show green can be cost effective, great. If they want to create resort town for those that wish to toke, great. Have a great time guys, as long as I don't have to subsidize any of it.
Or go through it. I don't want to do it, see it, or smell it.

flashguy

+1. This place will attract a whole pack of loser stoners...if they can find someone to give them a lift, that is.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15502 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who will be the first enterprising Girl Scout to set up shop.

I’m curious to see what their angle is. Clearly they didn’t drop 5 million just so people can smoke weed since that’s already flowing across the country. Maybe to set up a big grow operation?

Posts: 3875 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:
I wouldn't mind owning an entire town, too, but for different reasons.

You'd definitely never have to pay a local speeding ticket!

Officer:
Do you know how fast you were going?

Dude in pulled over car:
Well, you know officer, sometimes you get distracted and your foot your foot presses down a little too hard...

Officer:
Do you have ANY idea how fast you were going?!?

Dude:
Like I said, I wasn't really watching the speedometer...I'm not sure.

Officer:
You were going 8 miles an hour!

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10696 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post