SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    another month, another NICS all time record
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

another month, another NICS all time record Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...ground-check-record/

June 2020 witnessed nearly 4,000,000 National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) checks, shattering not only the record for any previous June but also the record for any single month , period.

FBI numbers showed 3,931,607 NICS checks conducted in June, besting the previous single-month record of 3,740,688 in March 2020.

This means June 2020 witnessed more background checks than any single month has witnessed in the 20 years background checks for retail sales have been required. This also means that June 2020 continues the trend of each month from March forward witnessing more checks in 2020 than it ever has.

In other words, January 2020 set the record for NICS checks for the month of January, February 2020 for the month of February, March 2020 for the month of March, and on and on through June 2020.

Small Arms Analytics & Forecasting examined the background check numbers and estimated 2,387,524 guns were sold in June 2020

Posts: 19485 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
I checked a while ago,

in VA, it looks like ~42K checks run,

that does not count multiples, as in someone buying more than one gun at a time,

and of course, does not count any private sales

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10403 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GGF
posted Hide Post
The "official" word for years has been 300 million guns in private hands.

I think there's been 300 million sold since Clinton was in office!

Cool

Posts: 698 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My LGS just north of Allentown has advised coming to the shop two hours prior to closing for any transfers because the PICS (PA Instant Check System) has not been too ‘instant’ as of late.

Posts: 3460 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
That doesn’t count those of us with CHL licenses, who in states like Texas don’t run a NICS check. I bought an Evil black (well actually Evil green) rifle in June that isn’t counted in that report. ;^)

HK Ag

Posts: 3482 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
where are these people finding Guns. Our shelves are bare...

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
You know those crazy prices you've been seeing lately? The question is where are these people finding all that money.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Walked in to Bass Pro today and there was a sign at the front entrance "FDLE background checks are running 15 hours currently".

I don't know what that means, they must all be on vacation because there CANNOT be that many guns out there. I had a background take 5 hours for me about two weeks go, but seriously, no one has guns right now.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9667 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My dealer told me yesterday that there were over 1,100 pending NICS requests in NJ. They expected the approval should be back on Friday.

Posts: 55 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Maybe I need a new gun after all?

Posts: 6114 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRshootem
posted Hide Post
I did my part, Concealed carry permit and fill out the online form...done.

Posts: 1320 | Location: Montana | Registered: October 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
I bought a Glock 43x yesterday. Glock has a Blue Label price deal going right now for Veterans.

It was simple gave them a copy of my DD-214, DL and my Louisiana Concealed Handgun Permit. Filled out the form on their laptop and I was out the door. Well I paid then out.

Posts: 13009 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm hearing 3 to 3 1/2 day wait here in CO.

Shop owner told me people are surprised when they come in to buy a gun, they thought they could walk in, pay, and walk out, they had NO idea about the 4473 OR the CBI check. Maybe some of them will look askance when the lying democrats tell them another whopper in the future. Of course some people think the law doesn't apply to them and they don't need no stinkin' paperwork.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Those are just super gun owners or whatever bullshittery they were peddling a couple years ago.

It always amazes me when folks see the wisdom of buying a flashlight during the day as soon as it gets dark.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7615 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
As long as the libs keep running wild, you will see record after record.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37062 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
RGR and SWBI stocks reflecting the Increased demand.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Stupid Florida still runs a check even with a carry permit. I waited 4 hours two guns ago, last gun they told me to just come back tomorrow. Tonight I bought another gun and was told to calm before I came back tomorrow. They said it’s been taking up to 27 hours.

I really like this city but I really miss the state of GA.

Oh yeah, and the gun store was pretty empty of guns. The EBR wall was bare and I’d guess they had a quarter of their autoloading handguns in stock. Lots of 1911s but I saw zero Glocks and zero P-series Sigs. They had a bunch of revolvers though which is what I wanted anyway. I picked up a new King Cobra.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15248 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
2020 has been wild, I don't blame people for wanting to arm themselves, my super leftist mom bought a Glock a month or two ago.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20726 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
I walked into a gun store on Saturday and walked out 15 minutes later with a new Glock 19. Sometimes, life is good.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4923 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark_a:
where are these people finding Guns. Our shelves are bare...
GB

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post