SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How do you store your grease guns?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How do you store your grease guns? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Sitting in my oil change pan.

When I need to use grease gun I put nitrile gloves on.

Posts: 921 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
In my Sherman.

Big Grin I was going to say "In the safe with the rest of my class 3 toys," but I like yours better.

Posts: 7267 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I have mine hanging in the garage with a rag wrapped & tied around it to absorb the ooze.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16514 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Oiled/greased guns in plastic bags, in their cases.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vanwall:
Sitting in my oil change pan.

When I need to use grease gun I put nitrile gloves on.

Same for me........

But when I was in the Navy, crossing the equator on my way to becoming a shellback, I know where King Neptune kept his grease gun.......yelp.

Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Southflorida-law:
I really clicked on here expecting to see an M3!
Me, too! If I had one, it would be stored in the safe.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wrapped in an old T-shirt, on a shelf in the shed. Absorbs anything that may leak out. And gives a handy grease rag when needed.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I just don't have the problem you guys are having. I have 5 or 6 of them hanging from nails on a 2x4 in my garage. They have never leaked.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^

OK. What brand/model of guns are they? You seem to have found good ones.

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tanner:
If your my son, the bottom of MY tool box, where of course, everything becomes rust proofed!

At least he is putting your tools back! I found two hammers, two shovels, and three missing staple guns in my kids log cabin fort we built. Funny, they just wandered there on their own!

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1128 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
^^^^^^

OK. What brand/model of guns are they? You seem to have found good ones.

Just from memory I will say Lincoln. Maybe not all of them and I just don't feel like walking out to the garage to check right now. I'll check later.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post