SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How do you store your grease guns?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How do you store your grease guns? Login/Join 
posted
I've bought cheap ones, expensive ones and in between. They all ooze and leak when stored. I'm looking for some good ideas to store them in my shop to keep them relatively handy and clean.

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
Laying on news paper, flex hose tip in an old med bottle. Shop rags always near ! I do clean it up after use.
In an uncooled shop I doubt there is any way to keep them clean, I gave up. Lol

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
I use a PVC Pipe set-up similar to this one. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/351421577154596555/

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6484 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
I hang it from a wire coat hanger, on the end of a shelf, and put an empty plastic coffee container under it.

I don’t know of any way to keep it from dripping. All you can do is minimize the mess.

Posts: 3228 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
In the basement, on a unfinished wooden board, seems to absorb the discharge Smile

Have about 6 or so and a bunch of oil cans too.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Funny, there was a thread less than a year ago about this topic. I store mine in a gallon ziploc bag (not zipped shut).

Posts: 5759 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^

Apparently, modern technology has not yet solved the problem. Smile

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
In the original now-soaked cardboard box, in a plastic tub on the steel shelves in the garage.

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
I really clicked on here expecting to see an M3!

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Southflorida-law:
I really clicked on here expecting to see an M3!

I'm not THAT cool. Cool

Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I have a shelf lined with "New Pig" oil absorbent pads. I buy them by the case from Amazon.

Unless I have a big (and messy) project, a case will last me a year or more. Change them out as needed on the shelf, lay them on my work bench for working on oily/greasy stuff, also make a nice clean place to work on carburetors.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15209 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
In my Sherman.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Since I have a few of them I put them nozzle up in a 5 gallon bucket.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1967Goat:
Funny, there was a thread less than a year ago about this topic. I store mine in a gallon ziploc bag (not zipped shut).

Same.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
In my Sherman.

BOO!! Smile

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Store them in a cooler environment. If they set in a hot shop or garage, the oil and soap will separate. Do you have someplace else you could keep them?

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8215 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
I put mine inside the leg that I cut off a pair of Denim jeans ,

fold the hose part up by the handle, insert, and store on top of a steel cabinet,

denim absorbs whatever drippage it has

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If your my son, the bottom of MY tool box, where of course, everything becomes rust proofed!

Posts: 4756 | Registered: July 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jelly:
Since I have a few of them I put them nozzle up in a 5 gallon bucket.

This. 5 gallon bucket (aka Mexican toolbox) on my "oil rack" shelf.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post