SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    In Honor of Barry K., The Most Romantic Story My Wife Ever Heard
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

In Honor of Barry K., The Most Romantic Story My Wife Ever Heard Login/Join 
posted
My beloved pal Barry K., passed last July after a valiant battle with cancer. This story was related to me by Barry's first wife......

Barry was a stand up guy, worked like a dog, and all who've heard this couldn't believe he had ever done something like this.

Barry worked a hard, physical factory job in his mid 20's. He and his wife had bought a small house and by coincidence the neighbor worked at the same place and same shift. Soon they rode together every day.
As with most guys that work in factories, Barry and the neighbor liked to have a few beers in the driveway after work.

So one day the post work beers and man talk went a bit long and Barry's wife comes out to tell him supper is ready. "I'll be in in a minute, Honey". Relaxed, sitting in the car, listening to the radio and bull shitting leads to another visit from the wife. "Barry your food is getting cold"!

"I'm sorry Honey, go back inside and I'll be right in", says Barry and the neighbor, either from beer or stupidity says "Yeah, bitch, go back inside"! She goes inside in a huff.

Barry turns to the guy and says "You can't talk to my wife like that"! Doofus neighbor replies "I just did"!

About 10 or 15 minutes later, Mrs. K. hears some noises near the front door. On investigation she finds her husband and the neighbor. Barry's long hair is all messed up, shirt ripped, mud blood grass stained. bruised cheek, fat lip. Doofus landed a few. But the state the neighbor was in is legendary. The man couldn't stand, could barely crawl. Massively bloody nose, one eye almost shut, split lip. And here is an exhausted Barry, has the bum by the collar and is kneeing him in the ass every time he'd falter in his long slow crawl to the door.

When Mrs. K. appeared he rendered a heart felt apology, the best he could. "I thawey Miffus K. I thawey I callt u a bwich".

Love you and miss u Barry!

Posts: 389 | Registered: February 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
First off, sorry for your loss. That's a cool story and exactly how every man should honor, respect and defend and his wife, girlfriend, daughters and mother. Your friend sounds like a great guy.

Posts: 2338 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post