SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need some advice with a neighbor dumping their yard waste in my back yard-updated pg. 2
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need some advice with a neighbor dumping their yard waste in my back yard-updated pg. 2 Login/Join 
Sig Forum Smart-Ass
Picture of Rotndad
posted Hide Post
SIG Forum gun cleaning party/backyard BBQ? I'd make the drive and bring some burger along with several guns to clean. Big Grin

Dripping water hollows out stone, not through force, but through persistence.
-Ovid

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Posts: 10192 | Location: Land O Lakes, FLA | Registered: June 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Helping them and sharing a meal will never happen. I started clearing some of the fronds and the many plastic and clay pots they used for their plants but I said enough of this. Turns out they also threw out dog bowls, cooking pots/pans and there are many glass beer bottles from their past parties. It has gone too far for being any nicer.

I also thought about the easement thing but I am not sure when it started. I was going to call the city about the illegal dumping on my property and can prove my case against them easily. They are the only home in the area that has back yard plants,in and out of larger planters and quite a few of them.

I will be moving the fence back to me property line little by little.

In order to remove my fence and just use their fence, I have a small dog,I would have to get them to sign a contract or the like, for that and neither one of the two of us will do it. I allowed my neighbor to the right of me to use my fence to build their fence up to it, as they were a nice couple and they take pride in their things. I wouldn't want to depend on my backyard neighbors for anything.

I guess I will see what happens this week and go from there. It is just a shame as it is nice a middle class neighborhood and the majority of the people are really nice. There was a time they moved out,years ago. They couldn't afford to live there but then they must have refinanced or spoke with the bank about getting it again. Now it looks like they have a couple of families living there.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9156 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
It would be easy to suggest throwing it all back over their fence. What keeps them from doing it again? With a three foot gap, you could always build a slanted roof over the two fences (or make a back wall) so the crap will slide back in their yard. A long shed like this would provide lots of storage anyway.

You could always broadcast your favorite music when you think it is least convenient to them. With those outstanding citizens next door, would it be possible to run a drug sniffing dog along their property? Could be a reason why an abundance of plants are in the yard.

quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:

As bald1 suggested. The Tony Soprano approach.

Liked it better when they did it on The A-Team. Looks like you'll need to mark his calendar. Big Grin

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
And I thought I had inconsiderate asshole neighbors.

Well, actually, I do. They can't compare to yours, though.

Posts: 26900 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
when it comes to neighbor problems , there are only two ways to handle it if diplomacy fails . You allow their behavior to continue and keep being miserable , or you go full out Jihad on their asses . As I said , IF DIPLOMACY FAILS , you take it in the ass or you go to war . Only you can decide which is acceptable to you .

Posts: 4055 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
remove the fence that creates the gap

After it begins looking like your yard,

Don't say a word to them about anything.

Then throw the stuff back over the fence
When the cops show up, show them what the people have been doing

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11275 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
Years ago I moved back home for a couple months after college until I found a job. My parents’ backyard had dog crap throughout. They didn’t have a dog. I realized the neighbor behind them was just letting their dog out and going back inside. I guess they thought if they didn’t see it then it wasn’t their problem. I decided that I’d pick up their dog’s crap once to be nice. So they knew that I did them a favor I left it all in piles on the stairs leading to their patio in back. My parents yard was poop free after that.

Posts: 691 | Registered: January 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 45_Auto
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:

I will be moving the fence back to me property line little by little.

Why do it gradually....do it at one time. Then when they throw anything over the fence, take pictures, and return it to them back over the fence.
Don't pussyfoot around, show them it's your property and they will not get away with using it for their dumping ground, period!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A Veteran is someone who wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'Up to and including their life'.
That is Honor. Unfortunately there are way too many people in this Country who no longer understand that.

Posts: 2306 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^Hopefully I will be able to move the entire fence back soon to the property line as I am waiting on a loan to come through.

Over the past weekend I put some of the garbage they had in a pile as well as some palm fronds to give them the idea to clean up their mess and let them know what I was doing as the wife was in the backyard and I spoke to her. Well, I looked this morning only to find the old planters gone but they through the palm fronds on the other piece of property I own. I tried to call the city and explain to them my problem and they said it is a civil matter. I am going to give these "neighbors" a letter in the next day and explain to them my position and if nothing happens, I will have to lawyer up. Then it will be no holds bar. I won't do anything to get myself in trouble but I will be complaining about everything they do to the city, animal control, police, whatever I can think of. You try to be nice to some people and this is what you get. Thanks for hearing me out. I guess this did turn into a rant but was trying to avoid that.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
1. Build a trebuchet
2. Load their refuse in trebuchet
3. Douse refuse with lighter fluid and apply ignition source
4. Launch their flaming refuse back into their yard
5. Laugh maniacally

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 911Boss,

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10937 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
I tried to call the city and explain to them my problem and they said it is a civil matter.

Not only is it NOT just a "civil matter," it's a pretty serious "not a civil matter" in Florida. Google "F.S. 403.413" and assess whether there's more than 500lbs of junk attributable to your neighbors.

IANAL, but I *am* a white-collar crime guy who's grown way tired of hearing about "civil matters" that aren't.

Posts: 2461 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
From the start, I would have given them 24 hours to remove their refuse. At exactly 24 hours + 1 second, I would have started throwing every last article back into their yard. I would also be installing a video camera to record any possible retaliation.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15571 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Definitely less than 500 and probably close to 50-60 lbs. I am waiting to see what a couple days does. If nothing than I am revoking to legal actions.

eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Nothing says "I love you" like a certified letter from an attorney that begins with "It is hereby demanded..." and ends with "Govern yourself accordingly."

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Sounds like an illegal dump. Surely some government agency might be interested in learning of this.

Posts: 11839 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, good news. They finally cleaned up the mess this p.m.. Now to get a few No Trespass and No Dumping signs for the property. Thanks for hearing me out.

Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Good news. Sometimes it all works out. Maybe they got the message and will not throw anything else back there.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16397 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Good. Glad to hear that the problem has been resolved.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30659 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post