SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Because Georgetown Univ sold her great-great-great-great grandparents off as slaves
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Because Georgetown Univ sold her great-great-great-great grandparents off as slaves Login/Join 
Banned
posted
She is disappointed that they aren't setting up some kind of scholarship to offset the cost of tuition there for descendents.

Was she really expecting that?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/inc...s-pay-220117817.html

Posts: 865 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If she's struggling - she picked the wrong school.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ml1209:
She is disappointed that they aren't setting up some kind of scholarship to offset the cost of tuition there for descendents.

Was she really expecting that?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/inc...s-pay-220117817.html

Are you kidding? From a SJW point of view, it makes perfect sense - she wants something, therefor someone should provide it for her.

Pretty hard to take any of that ilk (SJWs) at all seriously.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Idiot started a donation plate, I refuse to name it here, and actually has almost $1,000. What other idiots are contributing to that madness?

Posts: 13109 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
If her great-great-great grandparents weren't slaves in the United States then she'd probably be living in Africa right now and it's doubtful that she would have the opportunities that she has here.

By no means am I trying to justify or minimize the atrocity that was slavery. But in reality many blacks that are here today are a lot better off than they would be had their ancestors been left in the shitholes they were born in. They are in the greatest country in the world with more opportunities than most Africans can dream of. Shut the fuck up about reparations and do something with yourself.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of indigoss
posted Hide Post
"The average cost for graduate candidates in Georgetown’s School of Continuing Studies is $42,830 per semester. Elizabeth plans on finishing her degree within three semesters"

$120k+ , and she wants a free ride. She clearly has not been treated with equality. If she had she would know not to expect shit and select a cheaper school.

Posts: 1278 | Location: West Palm Beach, FL | Registered: June 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR78
posted Hide Post
She was raised in the culture where "free" is how you make a living.

Posts: 1964 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They've already renamed a few buildings. Free tuition is just the next logical step.

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I personally think Georgetown should allow a white guy to play on their basketball team once every 10 or 12 years.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
If her great-great-great grandparents weren't slaves in the United States then she'd probably be living in Africa right now and it's doubtful that she would have the opportunities that she has here.

By no means am I trying to justify or minimize the atrocity that was slavery. But in reality many blacks that are here today are a lot better off than they would be had their ancestors been left in the shitholes they were born in. They are in the greatest country in the world with more opportunities than most Africans can dream of. Shut the fuck up about reparations and do something with yourself.

When I was in Buffalo, NY my church sponsored two refugee families from Africa. One was from Sudan. This was before 9/11, when the GOS sponsored slave-raiding against the Funj, Dinka, and other tribes. Several 'Lost Boys' were sponsored by other churches. They were orphans because their families were killed or enslaved. That was real suffering.

The second family was from western Africa. The father refused to name the country but implied the head of state cannabalized his enemies. The family of the father was prominent in society. So one night the HoS sent the army to kill the family. The father, then a teenager, escaped death by playing dead and then fleeing. He showed me the bayonet wounds on his arms and abdomen, which had several divots. That was real suffering. Earnest said that he would rather be a beggar in America than a king in Africa.

Weaponized guilt. Fuck that.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post