SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ran into a sovereign state type at the doctor's this morning.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ran into a sovereign state type at the doctor's this morning. Login/Join 
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted
I'm checking in at the clinic counter with uvulitis and the guy next to me gets asked for his ID. He tells them he'll show it to them, but he won't allow them to scan it "because it's actually illegal to duplicate an ID, and that's what you're doing when you scan it, you're duplicating it. Most people don't know that. You can look at it all you want, but you can't scan it or make a photo copy." The lady behind he counter says it's the first she's heard of it, and he says "well, yeah, everyone's been programmed to just hand it over without thinking." Roll Eyes

It was at about this point that I was asked for my ID, which I handed over to the lady helping me, who glanced at it and handed it back. Much ado about nothing on his part.

I briefly considered whether it was worth the physical pain of trying to ask the guy where I could "better educate myself" about such matters, and decided against it. He and his wife were both wearing clinical masks and kept pressing them tighter against their faces, trying for a form-fit. I decided not to fuck with crazy.

I guess I don't need to ask if the guy was bat-shit at worst, or confused at the least, but I am curious if there's any grounding to this. He got medical care without having to provide a current ID. He pried it out of a deep layer in his wallet, and it was tucked into some kind of envelope, which he never actually mamanged to extract it from, and he never removed the mask. How do they know who he was for sure?

Posts: 17119 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Some people’s kids....
Ran into one of those at the LGS a while back.
Our conversation was not pleasant.
First off, take a shower. Secondly, when you start showing me info on your phone, it doesn’t help your credibility that your background is a naked woman.
Of course, he couldn’t legally buy a firearm, either. Imagine that....

Posts: 6303 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
He probably had it in one of those RFID-blocking envelopes they make for credit cards so "the government" couldn't scan it.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16513 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
What am I missing. what's sovereign state secession truthers have to do with this?

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8527 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
What am I missing. what's sovereign state secession truthers have to do with this?

I think the OP was talking about the "I know something that nobody else knows, and you must accept I know what I am talking about without any impiracle proof to back up my assertions" attitude.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10704 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:

...He got medical care without having to provide a current ID...

Could he be a previous patient whose ID was already on file? That would explain her letting it go. I go to the same office a few times a year, every time they scan in the same ID they already have on file. And yes, I've been programmed to hand it over w/o thinking.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
quote:

I think the OP was talking about the "I know something that nobody else knows, and you must accept I know what I am talking about without any impiracle proof to back up my assertions" attitude.

Quite so. That's why I used the word "type" in the title. I was actually a little surprised I didn't hear him drop a "sheeple" somewhere in there.

Sigmund, that may have been the case. His receptionist said to mine "I have an expired one on file..." with a questioning look. Still, the guy provided no current ID and was wearing a mask.

Posts: 17119 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
Since these private entities (like pharmacies, hospitals, and other providers) won't give me what I want unless I hand over what THEY want, they get my ID.

I guess I've been successfully brainwashed.

Posts: 2461 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
should've played along with him to get a few laughs. Big Grin

Posts: 13104 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
should've played along with him to get a few laughs

I would not suggest that. People who are wearing tight fitting masks and not willing to give up their ID have a paranoid mentation and generally do not have a sense of humor. Avoiding eye contact and giving them plenty of space is advised.

Posts: 17228 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grandiosity is a sign
of mental illness
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
should've played along with him to get a few laughs

I would not suggest that. People who are wearing tight fitting masks and not willing to give up their ID have a paranoid mentation and generally do not have a sense of humor. Avoiding eye contact and giving them plenty of space is advised.

Likely. Crazy is crazy.

But the mask could also because they're Asian, or maybe they're worried about the flu. The last time I went to the doctors office they were giving out masks, for free, to everyone, and they had a sign up saying if you had a cough wearing one was mandatory (as in, wear one or please leave). And my doctor was wearing one. Wearing a surgical type mask doesn't necessarily mean crazy, is what I'm getting at.

Posts: 2453 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Most people don't know this, but if you taze a sovereign you get to hear a laugh track....

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29692 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Blonde, blue-eyed white trailer trash, both of them. Neck tattoos on the female. Shitty clothes. I'm used to seeing Asians wearing those masks, but they don't nervously crease all the open gaps against their face like they're keeping out the plague.

Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
You should have shown him the thread here on SIGforum. Smile

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I don't let people scan my identification but not for the reason stated by your encounteree.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31432 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
I don't let people scan my identification but not for the reason stated by your encounteree.

Scan as scan into a computer? Or scan like read a magnetic strip? How ‘bout photocopying?
I’d guess you have a good reason. Care to share?

Posts: 6916 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:

If you're willing to share the reasons, I would appreciate it, and I don't mean that in a challenging manner. You're a pretty reasoned individual, and have more experience with the medical field than I do, at least what I've gleaned from your posts.

Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:

+1

Just because the guy is nuts doesnt mean he is a sovereign citizen type.

Probably paranoid because he had a warrant.

Posts: 7395 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Blonde, blue-eyed white trailer trash, both of them. Neck tattoos on the female. Shitty clothes. I'm used to seeing Asians wearing those masks, but they don't nervously crease all the open gaps against their face like they're keeping out the plague.
and you didn't sneeze on them?

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23242 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walker77:
quote:

+1

Just because the guy is nuts doesnt mean he is a sovereign citizen type.

Probably paranoid because he had a warrant.

Tellya what... suggest a thread title that makes more sense and isn't a half a paragraph and I'll edit it to make you two happy.

quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
and you didn't sneeze on them?

They had a scamper with them, else I would've been sore tempted. Big Grin

Of course, she wasn't wearing a mask. Probably didn't have any warrants out for her at age five.