SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Back to Looking at a Honda Ridgeline.. Thoughts? Deal Done Update Page 2
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Back to Looking at a Honda Ridgeline.. Thoughts? Deal Done Update Page 2 Login/Join 
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Nice! I have a 2008 or 9 - I forget which. Solid and reliable.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by ridewv:
One thing some don't like about it is the front end styling.

That, and the higher price tag, are my only two complaints about the Gen 2 Ridgelines.

I'll second that. I like almost everythign about the new Ridgeline, but don't care for the front end & the small back seat (compared to the cave in my F150).

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15314 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

That, and the higher price tag, are my only two complaints about the Gen 2 Ridgelines.

I agree they're expensive but what little truck isn't? RTL, which is well equipped with leather, is $36K list. That's less than a comparably equipped Tacoma or Canyon I believe.

And back seat room is more than either of the above as well.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7097 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I was talking about higher price in comparison to the Gen 1 Ridgelines. Price on the Gen 2s went up by ~15-20% over comparable Gen 1s. (Especially since you now have to pay extra for AWD, which was standard on the Gen 1s.)

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Very Nice! Love the color combo. I have beige leather in my 08 RL and they are holding up well. Hope yours gives you as good of service as mine has given me.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If the Ridgeline had a cloth seat option other than only in black I'd be giving it a closer look. I do not care for leather seats and will not have black as an interior color. I'd also like it to be able to to more than 5,000 lbs., but I'm impressed with the dual tailgate, bed trunk, and mount a tire in the bed feature.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
At this point I'm leaning to a Ridgeline RTL AWD. It feels more comfortable and with 4 wheel independent suspension I'm sure it'll ride and handle better. I don't see myself taking advantage of Colorado's two-range transfer case and slightly higher tow rating. In years past I would say Honda quality was way ahead of GM but I'm not sure that's the case now, also not thrilled about the Honda V6's cylinder deactivation which they've had problems with (oil consumption etc.), hopefully it's been improved. also not thrilled about the Honda V6's cylinder deactivation which they've had problems with (oil consumption etc.), hopefully it's been improved.

First off, congrats on your new truck, looks great! Though I don't own a Ridgeline, I have owned since new a 2013 Accord V6 with the cylinder deactivation since Sept 2013 with my V6 and I can tell you in my Accord the transition is seamless and don't even know when it occurs if I'm not paying very close attention. It activates at about 60mph and like I said, I hardly notice it except I can see a marked improvement in gas mileage if I do many trips on the Xpressways.

I'd also comment on the Bluetooth...absolutely flawless. I have many, many song titles on my iPhone and whenever I get into the car it immediately and automatically goes into my favorite song list. In fact, the other day I left my iPhone in my bedroom in the house and went out to my car in the garage, started it and it connected to my iPhone via Bluetooth, and it was a pretty good distance away. I lost the signal eventually as I backed out of my driveway, but it's a very good connection and strong. I use it with my iPhone via Bluetooth in the car with the premium sound factory stereo which is voice navigation so its easy to change settings hands free.

Good luck with your new truck, she's a beaut!

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Thanks Will. Finger's crossed.... I can only hope it's as reliable as my Tundra has been.

Posts: 7097 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! I bought a new 2017 Ridgeline Black in December. I too thought I’d be getting a Tacoma to replace my 2004 F150 Lariat. Decided On the Honda. Put the AEM CAI on, sounds pretty cool.

You will love it. Great ride, quality and only thing I can’t do with this is tow 10K lbs - which makes don’t do anymore. Truck is awesome, love the color.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Thanks FlyingScot. What's AEM CAI, a cat back exhaust?

Yes it'll "only" tow up to 5,000 pounds and carry up to 1,200 pounds in the bed. This is simply inadequate for some who need a truck, I realize that. It also is not built with enough ground clearance and low gearing for rock climbing but it does have a very capable AWD system which will probably work better on snow and ice covered roads than my Tundra's traditional 4WD. It's all a compromise, pick your priorities based on how a truck will actually be used right?

Anyway so far I love it but I've just got this truck time will tell if it works out well for my needs.

posted Hide Post
quote:

Yes it'll "only" tow up to 5,000 pounds and carry up to 1,200 pounds in the bed. This is simply inadequate for some who need a truck, I realize that. It also is not built with enough ground clearance and low gearing for rock climbing but it does have a very capable AWD system which will probably work better on snow and ice covered roads than my Tundra's traditional 4WD. It's all a compromise, pick your priorities based on how a truck will actually be used right?

I wasn't trying to rain on your parade, just voicing my thoughts not to be negative but more in the hope that a version of the model that would suit my desires is in the works. You like your new Ridgeline - great, wonderful, yay!

CAI - Cold Air Intake
AEM - manufacturer of cold air intakes.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marksman41:

If the Ridgeline had a cloth seat option other than only in black I'd be giving it a closer look. I do not care for leather seats and will not have black as an interior color. I'd also like it to be able to to more than 5,000 lbs., but I'm impressed with the dual tailgate, bed trunk, and mount a tire in the bed feature.

quote:
I wasn't trying to rain on your parade, just voicing my thoughts not to be negative but more in the hope that a version of the model that would suit my desires is in the works. You like your new Ridgeline - great, wonderful, yay!

CAI - Cold Air Intake
AEM - manufacturer of cold air intakes.

Ahh cold air intake, thanks.

LOL I agree with you on the black cloth seats I had them in my Jeep and said never again would I have solid color black seats! Don't even want black leather, or black exterior! I don't mind the look of black but I'm just not enough of a neat freak to own black. Big Grin

I like nice tweed cloth seats too but they do attract dog fur and can stain and discolor easier than leather. At least the leather seats they use are perforated so they're actually pretty comfortable.

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Just remember: light-colored leather has some drawbacks too. Namely, it shows stains more easily than darker leather.

Blue dye from new denim is one common culprit. On used cars with beige/white leather seats, it's not uncommon to see blue smudges/stains on the driver's seat.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
As noted, it is a Cold Air intake. You can hear the "growl" on the intake better without having to change any exhaust, etc. Butt dyno says it adds a little bit also. You can check out the Ridgeline OWners forum for other feedback on this or other mods. This one is pretty benign - added bonus it is a dry filter and easy to clean vs. buying new filters.

I also got under the truck and pulled the connector and sprayed with CRC 6-56. Honda says they fixed the water intrusion, but easy enough to do and extra insurance.

AEM Intake

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
The AEM is excellent. Used the same setup on my STI and it was tuned. Best thing you can do....when you do an oil change, just pull the filter, shake it and spray it with some air from a compressor. That’s it. Much easier than an oiled filter.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12630 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FlyingScot:

.....I also got under the truck and pulled the connector and sprayed with CRC 6-56. Honda says they fixed the water intrusion, but easy enough to do and extra insurance.

Water intrusion? Where did you spray to prevent it?

Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by FlyingScot:

.....I also got under the truck and pulled the connector and sprayed with CRC 6-56. Honda says they fixed the water intrusion, but easy enough to do and extra insurance.

Water intrusion? Where did you spray to prevent it?

The rear wiring harness has a connector on a bracket a few inches in from the rear bumper, center. You can go to Ridgeline owners forum or google it for pics. Simply disconnect, spray, reconnect. No chance of corrosion in future and helps seal it.

As I said - Honda has fixed it so probably not needed, but insurance.

-Scottish proverb