SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dimmable A15 led light bulbs
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dimmable A15 led light bulbs Login/Join 
posted
Who do we like for these? Need some for ceiling fans with dimmer switches. Home Despot only has the "Feit" brand which on Amazon had very mixed reviews about flickering issues with the Feit branded led's

Posts: 270 | Location: NorCal | Registered: June 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Fiet is crap. Don't use it.

Are the CFs using a conventional (physically move switch, and has click for off) dimmer or remote one? So remotes are not obvious, they go in wall switch, but still work like a remote. Reason I ask is dimmers with LEDs on them or other remotes will often bleed electricity through them. This sometimes will not allow bulbs to completely turn off.

These Philips ones seem to work with most dimmers and get warmer as you dim them like a standard bulb.

Sometimes you need to try a number of different ones until you get no flicker or hum.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20810 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The dimmer switches are hard wired at the wall. They have a on/off switch and a slider to dim.

Posts: 270 | Location: NorCal | Registered: June 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by F12517:
The dimmer switches are hard wired at the wall. They have a on/off switch and a slider to dim.

Good those are going to give you widest selection of lamps you can use. I'd pick up two sets of whatever says it's dimmable and see if you can get it to work. The Phillips ones I linked are my favorite ones I've seen so far. Believe it or not the HD brand ones (EcoSmart) are pretty damn good for as cheap as they are, but I don't think I've seen any A-15, only A-19.

Make sure you know what color you like.

2700/3000 = standard incandescent color

5000 = Daylight (blue to my eyes, I can't stand them)

There is a nutrition label on all bulbs now that will show color spectrum.

EcoSmart does make an A-15

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20810 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post