SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New Stupidity - N.J. schools should have 'Black Lives Matter' week, says teachers union
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Stupidity - N.J. schools should have 'Black Lives Matter' week, says teachers union Login/Join 
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted
February is Black History Month in New Jersey schools, but the state's largest teachers union says the standard lessons about Martin Luther King Jr. and Rosa Park will no longer cut it.

The New Jersey Education Association is calling for schools to participate in the national Black Lives Matter in Schools Week and teach lessons about structural racism and other race-related issues.

http://www.nj.com/education/20...ml#incart_river_home

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
A whole week of, "What do we want? Dead cops!"

Nnnnnooo thanks!

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10696 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
Pigs in a blanket, fry em like bacon..

Khrushchev was right, the U.S. will bury itself. Digging is going on, not with shovels but with fleets of backhoes. This ain't your father's/grandfather's country.

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1487 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Yep, gotta keep stoking them flames if the Dem's have any hope of maintaining control of their modern day plantation.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
If it weren't based on a lie and tainted with bad actors and murderous deeds, I'd say let them have it. But anything that legitimizes BLM at this point must be discouraged.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
With the new Governor Phil Murphy, NOTHING surprises me...

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogB:
Pigs in a blanket, fry em like bacon..

Khrushchev was right, the U.S. will bury itself. Digging is going on, not with shovels but with fleets of backhoes. This ain't your father's/grandfather's country.

Ain't even my country! But then I am a crusty old fart whose patience with abject stupidity, and intentional destruction of the USA, has run out.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
As far as school goes, BLM Week ends tomorrow, and this is the first I've heard of it. Roll Eyes

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
NEA has been pushing this nationally through the various teachers’ unions.

My employer (an 80% black school district) had this “BLM week“ advertised through the largest of the teachers unions, but it wasn’t an official thing. Many teachers I’ve spoken with didn’t know a thing about it until I asked them.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was wondering where this would happen first,there, California or another Northern liberal state.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
I am so glad I left New Jersey back in 1999.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2553 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
With the new Governor Phil Murphy

who was born in Massachusetts...

No disrespect intended to those born in Massachusetts, but I would have preferred someone born in NJ to be Governor. Actually at this point from what I am hearing NJ may have reached a new low, which is saying a lot.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The more the liberal DEMs push this stuff, the more regular people get turned off to them. The fall elections may be an ugly thing if you are a DEM.

-c1steve

Posts: 4041 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
The more the liberal DEMs push this stuff, the more regular people get turned off to them. The fall elections may be an ugly thing if you are a DEM.
I most certainly hope so!

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have no problem with this as long as the program addresses the Number One Killer of Blacks in this nation. That being Black Thugs. If Black Lives really matter then do something to clean up your "own House".

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5623 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
It's been nice not hearing much from than BLM and Antifa crowd since Trump took office. Hopefully this is just a grasp for some attention for BLM and will fall flat on it's face.

JC

Posts: 1267 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post