SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Well then what WAS your first high school car?
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Well then what WAS your first high school car? Login/Join 
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted
Mine: 1949 Ford V8 flathead cost me $50 @ $1.25/hr wages

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
graduated in 1998
first car was a '91 camry

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1540 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I could not afford a car until I was a junior in college. Bought a used VW beetle. Different times.

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
1992 Ford Mustang LX.
Still own it 20 years later.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25411 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
Hand me down 1966 Buick LeSabre. Green.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7506 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
74 f100 in '80.

Posts: 3591 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
1968 Jeepster Commando

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redleg06
posted Hide Post
'57 Buick Roadmaster.

"Cedat Fortuna Peritis"

Posts: 1976 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
'67 Mustang GTA, fastback. 2 year work in progress, I actually drove it very little once it was finished. Eleanor before there was a movie.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5149 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
Mine was a '79 Camero. It belonged to both of my sisters first. I got it in '86, it was '79 with over 100k miles when I got it. 2nd car was a '75 Stingray a couple of years later.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redleg06:
'57 Buick Roadmaster.

Damn, they were beautiful. All STEEL, too.

My first car was 1952 Plymouth 4dr.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1989 Ford Mustang 5.0 LX with a 5 speed. White with a red interior, summer tires (not fun in the snow), and a Pioneer CD player when detachable face plates were a new thing. I loved that car and its 225 HP.

Posts: 2016 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29684 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of djinco
posted Hide Post
I wish I still had this:
1964 Ford Galaxy 500, 390 4bbl.
$600 at $2.00/hr (That was GOOD money!)

Cheers, Doug in Colorado

NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 648 | Location: Colorado | Registered: February 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I wonder if your friends ever teased you about your ride? GReat color. {Directed at darthfuster}

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
'63 Dodge Dart with pushbutton trans. My dad paid something like $175 for it. It broke down on the way home, and ran for maybe 2 weeks after that. This was 1971.

While my parents were out for the day, my buddies and I began the engine teardown process but quickly gave up. We removed all the VIN id plates we could find and pushed the car about 1/2 mile and dumped it in the prarie.

Dad: "Hey Skipper, where's the car?"
Me: "Uh ..."

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
1951 Ford, 2 dr. sedan with the ol reliable flathead 8 and an oxidized puke green paint job.

$195, paid for at the rate of $18 a month. I was making $.65 an hour at the time (1959).

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
1979 Pontiac Grand Prix. My mother bought it from a car rental company. I bought it from her.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
72 Monte Carlo.....

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
Bought it in 1969, I was a senior in HS. Paid $2400 for it.Delivered Pizza in it for 2 years to pay for it.
1966 Shelby GT350 #6S269

Posts: 4622 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post