SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Hawaiian shirt maker?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hawaiian shirt maker? Login/Join 
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted
It's been awhile since I've seen anything about the subject here. Does anyone remember the lady that was making the excellent Hawaiian shirts? Link?

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure it was http://www.alohaland.com/.

Posts: 4127 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Yep. Custom made, lots of fabric choices, nice buttons.

Statement from Alohaland owner: The best Hawaiian shirts in the world made right here in Oregon. I match up the pocket so some people ask to have a pocket. They can’t see it. I do a flat felled Levi seam on the side so they never fall apart (I noticed !!! ❤ ) The fabric is pre shrunk so it will not shrink with washings. I use great buttons, some coconut shell, some agoya shell and some very high quality plastic that looks like shell. (Like mine ❤ ❤ ) I also reinforce the collar, the center fronts, and the top of the pocket. I hope this helps. Thanks, judi

Unless you're looking for the school bus print shirt?
That is from Richard Tison, Paperhorse Creations, Leesburg, GA.
It is a cool shirt and a great photo.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
That's it! TYVM.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I have both Alohaland and Paperhorse and they both are equal quality.

Paperhorse is my older brother.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodman:
Yep. Custom made, lots of fabric choices, nice buttons.

Statement from Alohaland owner: The best Hawaiian shirts in the world made right here in Oregon. I match up the pocket so some people ask to have a pocket. They can’t see it. I do a flat felled Levi seam on the side so they never fall apart (I noticed !!! ❤ ) The fabric is pre shrunk so it will not shrink with washings. I use great buttons, some coconut shell, some agoya shell and some very high quality plastic that looks like shell. (Like mine ❤ ❤ ) I also reinforce the collar, the center fronts, and the top of the pocket. I hope this helps. Thanks, judi

Unless you're looking for the school bus print shirt?
That is from Richard Tison, Paperhorse Creations, Leesburg, GA.
It is a cool shirt and a great photo.

Hey?!? I think I know that guy? That ugly mug doesn't do that Hawaiian Shirt justice.

I have to say that paperhorse creations did a most excellent job on that Hawaiian shirt. I get complemented on it every time I wear it.

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info and these links!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
Tori Richard makes some pretty nice stuff too

Posts: 4018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Beautiful Mind
Picture of DetonicsMk6
posted Hide Post
Oh man! Y'all just cost me some money! Smile

Posts: 4811 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Dillard's has Tommy Bahama shirts 50% off here at end of season.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5053 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of np149
posted Hide Post
Not the one you were looking for op, but a very unique place to visit if you are ever in the neighborhood:

Jacqueline On Kaua'i
Hanapepe, HI 96716

We wandered into her store a few years ago and I was captured by atmosphere there. Picture a tiny woman that just churns out high quality, hand made Hawaiian shirts. She was barefooted and quirky, but the shirts were great. Looking around her shop, you could see evidence of some stars that made the trip there, including Tom Sellek from his Magnum days. Overall, very cool place. A web search will only turn up a couple of news articles about her last time I looked. No website. Have to call and talk to her...

Posts: 236 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Re: Hawaiian shirts

I've always wondered, was this bit on the Magnum shirt really a thing, or just something they made up for the show? (both being CBS shows)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I have exactly one, a Hilo Hattie from the 70s that I bought in a thrift store.

They're still around today. HiloHattie.com

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.reynspooner.com/

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
+1 for Hilo Hattie....had several throughout college and they were my dedicated "drinkin'" shirts

Posts: 585 | Location: Helena, AL | Registered: July 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
https://www.reynspooner.com/

I'll second Reyn Spooner. Get the traditional line made with their "Spooner Kloth" (55% cotton/45% polyester). They don't wrinkle and last a long time. I have many that are 10-15 years old and look new. You can find Reyn Spooner shirts on other sites on sale.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Some nice shirts here.

Which brand and style (length, cut, fit) do you find best for concealed carry?

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post