SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Here it is...senate bill no. 16...if passed and signed into law Virginia will be the most restrictive firearms state in the nation
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Here it is...senate bill no. 16...if passed and signed into law Virginia will be the most restrictive firearms state in the nation Login/Join 
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
^^^^ Excellent.

Let’s hope that many counties follow suit and voice their intent to ignore this clear attack on a constitutional right.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15571 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of policetruck
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know if there is a tally of what Va counties have passed Sanctuary ordinances?

www.landwarfare.net
Veteran owned 07 FFL/ 02 SOT
LandWarfareNow@gmail.com
Instagram @land.warfare

Posts: 1193 | Location: Va | Registered: July 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
Currently I know of Carroll, Campbell, and Appomattox with Franklin County anticipated with a vote soon.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3590 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GGF
posted Hide Post
Hooray for Lee county VA!
I would expect nothing less from Jonesville Virginia, the hometown of my heart.

This is the part of the mountain empire that stood up to the coal companies in the not so distant past. The hardscrabble men there will not be pushed around or back down.

There is no place in this country I'd rather be in if a a stand is to be made or a line drawn.

Posts: 698 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Longbow_06:
^^^^ Even more excellent if he and his officers would forcibly stop State officials from attempting to take legally owned firearms.
Won't happen. The state may bloviate and threaten continually, but they aren't going to war (outside of court) with a city or county. More Virginia counties need to follow suit sending a strong message to the governor and his cabal that they will 'not' comply with such infringements of Constitutional rights. The courts and the NRA may be of help, but city and county governments standing firm with their residents is the first and best way (IMO) to fight this BS.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Longbow_06:
^^^^ Even more excellent if he and his officers would forcibly stop State officials from attempting to take legally owned firearms.
Yeah, pass the weed if you think that'll happen.

They just won't assist State LE in seizing.

If you want a fight, you'll have to put that time in yourself.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
This is the strategy where they attempt to move 5 steps forward...get outrage...then take one step back, and it'll get passed. 'Oh, its not as bad now'-type mental conditioning. Just another 'first step.'

Insert 'Grandfather clause,' presto...new law.

Been saying for awhile, the days of throwing an extra $20 at the NRA and winning are pretty much gone (at least for the time being). Likewise, there's NO reason the NRA shouldn't be 20M+ strong.

Boss

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by policetruck:
Does anyone know if there is a tally of what Va counties have passed Sanctuary ordinances?

A guy in the VCDL is working on a map showing where the resolutions have passed and where they’re on the agenda for the next meeting at each county/locality. Can’t find it right now. I think it’s up to 20-25 passed/on the agenda.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
From the VCDL update:

So far we have at least 7 Sanctuary Counties that we are aware of: Charlotte County, Campbell County, Carroll County, Appomattox County, Patrick County, Pittsylvania County, and Dinwiddie County. All so far have passed unanimously!

This is the beginning of tsunami!

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3590 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
It will never happen in my county Frown

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
From another forum:

Currently, there is NO filibuster in either House of the Virginia legislature.

The good news is, Republicans still control the legislature for a few more weeks, and we can still choose to pass a filibuster rule before the Democrats take control.

Will the Republicans in the Virginia legislature choose to pass a filibuster rule to protect our gun rights?

So far, they can't be bothered to do anything.

Maybe they need some encouragement:

Every single Virginia resident reading this should CALL the following Republicans in the state legislature, and tell them to pass a FILIBUSTER rule before this legislative session ends:

Senate Majority Leader: Thomas K. Norment (R). Phone number: (804) 698-7503

Senate Rules Committee Chairman: Ryan T. McDougle (R)
Phone number: (804) 698-7504

Senate Justice Committee Chairman: Mark D. Obenshain (R)
Phone number: (804) 698-7526

House of Delegates Rules Committee Chairman: Kirkland Cox [Cox also serves as Speaker of the House of Delegates]:
Phone number: (804) 698-1066

House of Delegates Justice Committee Chairman: Robert B. Bell
Phone number: (804) 698-1058

Also, be sure to CALL your Virginia state senator and state representative, if they are Republican. If you don't know who your Virginia state legislators are, you can find out here:

https://whosmy.virginiageneralassembly.gov/

Tell your state senator and state rep to implement a filibuster rule, BEFORE the Democrats take control of the state legislature.

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^ Couldn't the incoming House just as easily rescind it?

I guess I just don't get it.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
In our State we use the Slogan "I will NOT Comply"
ZERO 11+ round mags were ever turned into the State.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8353 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redstone:
From the VCDL update:

So far we have at least 7 Sanctuary Counties that we are aware of: Charlotte County, Campbell County, Carroll County, Appomattox County, Patrick County, Pittsylvania County, and Dinwiddie County. All so far have passed unanimously!

This is the beginning of tsunami!

https://www.wdbj7.com/content/...tuary-565232332.html

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I joined VCDL. Am working w a group to get King George County BOS to sign the VCDL model 2nd Amendment Sanctuary document.

Question :

in looking at the first link in the OP, that describes the "prebill", I am trying to understand a particular para.

page 7, #4 para under 18.2-308.8

This para says an assault firearm includes:

- a semi-auto center fire pistol w a detachable magazine
- with a shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the pistol with the non-trigger hand without being burned

(other variants also)

This sounds like everything except revolvers and 22 cal (rimfire)

The "slide" would seem to fit that "shroud" description

am I missing something?

Posts: 19569 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's a running tally on Reddit of sanctuary counties

It's a big pic so here's the link:

https://i.redd.it/n829lmsr1vz31.jpg

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
I joined VCDL. Am working w a group to get King George County BOS to sign the VCDL model 2nd Amendment Sanctuary document.

Question :

in looking at the first link in the OP, that describes the "prebill", I am trying to understand a particular para.

page 7, #4 para under 18.2-308.8

This para says an assault firearm includes:

- a semi-auto center fire pistol w a detachable magazine
- with a shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the pistol with the non-trigger hand without being burned

(other variants also)

This sounds like everything except revolvers and 22 cal (rimfire)

The "slide" would seem to fit that "shroud" description

am I missing something?

Yes. A slide doesn't permit you to hold it with your other hand.

This is going after the 'firearm' workaround that's so popular recently. NJ residents have been thumbing their nose at the state for a few months now selling 'firearms'.

This Damn bill is the 'latest and greatest' with all the loopholes thoroughly plugged it would seem. They've encompassed every workaround people in ban states have found over the last 15yrs.

I wonder what would happen if you just didn't put a hand guard on your 'firearm' at all...

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think Gloucester County is going in too.

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toano, Va.  | Registered: January 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
#WeWillNotComply Get it started. I have no compunction about taking protests to the regular jobs and homes of politicians that support this nonsense - just like the regressives do.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Yep, do what they do with the ‘sanctuary’ BS. At least here the 2nd amendment is there as legal support.

Posts: 6158 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post