SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Here it is...senate bill no. 16...if passed and signed into law Virginia will be the most restrictive firearms state in the nation
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Here it is...senate bill no. 16...if passed and signed into law Virginia will be the most restrictive firearms state in the nation Login/Join 
Picture of Speedbird
posted Hide Post
FYSA (For Your Situational Awareness) This past September the Virginia Army National Guard just converted all of it's M-4s to M4-A1s (Full Auto ILO burst). I always get a little chapped around the ass when I am told [x] is "Malum prohibitum" except for his majesty...

Posts: 502 | Location: Fort Couch (VA) | Registered: December 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Man, this is scary stuff. I just moved from NOVA about two years ago for an assignment in Colorado. I've been trying to get back there and might have an assignment secured at the Pentagon. It looks like I'll be leaving a lot of stuff in storage here...

============================================
Photographs: https://photobucket.com/u/photoman12001
-----------------------------------
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/photoman12001/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/photoman12001/videos

Posts: 1741 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: December 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by photoman12001:
the Pentagon.
I'd rather eat broken glass that serve there.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by photoman12001:
the Pentagon.
I'd rather eat broken glass that serve there.

It's not my first choice but it's a job with no travel and no messed up shift work. Last time I was at the White House Communications Agency. The travel and hours didn't let me fully enjoy my time in the area. I'm hoping to check more stuff off my list this time, if the job goes through.

============================================
Photographs: https://photobucket.com/u/photoman12001
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/photoman12001/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/photoman12001/videos

Posts: 1741 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: December 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I don't have the energy to write anything insightful, so I all I have to say if fuck all the imports to VA from MD, DC, and all other leftist hellholes, go back to your shithole states/cities and fuck up your own homeland.

I used to be a proud Virginian, I am now ashamed of the Commonwealth.

For fucks sake we aren't even a dangerous state to live in. There are no rampant gang problems, street shootings, or any other serious street violence. What are they supposedly protecting us from?

Mad
Mad
Mad
Mad
Mad
Mad
Mad

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20804 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
When is the NRA moving???? and to where???

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armedprof:
When is the NRA moving???? and to where???

Soon/Richmond I hope.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20804 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
FFS, Rhino nailed it back on page two. Stop with all the hand-wringing bullcrap. Do. Not. Comply.

It really is that simple. The best defense against a terrible law is mass public refusal to comply.

A man must do what is lawful and what is moral. When those two paths conflict, a man must make a decision.

Make your decision.

Posts: 10740 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bionic218:
FFS, Rhino nailed it back on page two. Stop with all the hand-wringing bullcrap. Do. Not. Comply.

It really is that simple. The best defense against a terrible law is mass public refusal to comply.

A man must do what is lawful and what is moral. When those two paths conflict, a man must make a decision.

Make your decision.

I don't have $30,000-millions to defend myself. I'll sell my AR and mags or move. I'd love to resist, but my responsibility is to my family first. Call me a wimp or whatever you will.

I like to think about hiding my stuff then fighting to SCOTUS if the secret police show up to my house, I just can't afford it. This is exactly how they win I know, but I'm not going to risk my ability to own guns or put my family at financial risk.

What's a guy to do?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is exactly how they win I know, but I'm not going to risk my ability to own guns or put my family at financial risk.

Then it sounds like you've made your decision.

Posts: 10740 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
bionic, you live in Missouri, how can you advise?

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38641 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
That bill posted by the OP won't pass in Virginia, even now. Oh, it might make it out of committee, but it won't pass. The Dems don't have that big of a majority in the ouse, and only the slightest of majorities in the senate. And we still have some moderate dems.

I do think Virginia will go back to one-gun-per-month, but we've had that before. And universal background checks is a possibility. But outright assault weapons bans, turn ins, buy backs, eetc. I don't think those have a chance in hell even now.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
What's a guy to do?

I don't envy the position you're in, because it's coming down the pike here in Washington, too. Every year, they pass more shit and when it passes by initiative or through the state government, they proudly declare on the news that "this is just the first step in securing and making safe our communities from the epidemic of gun violence, but the fight does not stop here."

Next year, Washington will likely do what Virginia is looking to do. They've been introducing bills like this every year for years. We've been trying to find a place to relocate to for over a year, not just over this, but it's the last straw for me. I respect your pride in your state heritage. I count myself thankfully I've always been a bit of a nomad and have no such restraints.

Posts: 17101 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:

Make your decision.

I don't have $30,000-millions to defend myself. I'll sell my AR and mags or move. I'd love to resist, but my responsibility is to my family first. Call me a wimp or whatever you will.

I like to think about hiding my stuff then fighting to SCOTUS if the secret police show up to my house, I just can't afford it. This is exactly how they win I know, but I'm not going to risk my ability to own guns or put my family at financial risk.

What's a guy to do?

Not a jab at you directly, but this attitude is exactly what will happen with the majority of gun owners and what the commie bastards are counting on. At some point we won't be able to pass it down the line to the next guy.

Moving or non compliance are really the only options to me...and at some point we won't be able to move out of the bullshit.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3594 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
If ever I am faced with this, I won't give up a single thing. If all gun owners refuse to comply with these illegitimate laws, the laws will be impossible to enforce. The infrastructure does not exist to prosecute millions of American gun owners, nor is there sufficient manpower to go door to door to door to confiscate firearms. Unenforceable laws are just words on a page.

Posts: 107465 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
In Virginia? Lord how this state has changed over the last 20 years.

Is no place safe from leftist scum?

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
In Virginia? Lord how this state has changed over the last 20 years.

Is no place safe from leftist scum?

In regards to this whole line of thought, this last year I've been doing a lot of thinking on it. We see many gun owners saying "I wish my state wasn't getting infected by leftists" and they're unwilling to move. I get it. They say "there will be no safe place left in 10-20 years, it's all flipping blue so it's best to stay and fight where you can." I get that also.

We want to be left alone and don't want to have to move because the neighborhood goes to shit. But the other side is more than willing, and is in fact actively campaigning to try to move leftist voters to historical red states. They're willing to uproot and move everything to achieve their political vision. I think about that. As gun owners, as a group, it's worth thinking about. I paraphrase this without attribution: "You may not think you're at war, but the enemy gets a say in the matter."

So what are we left with? Balkanize, or go blue and purple across the map? Is there an answer? I'm willing to pick up and leave and I don't buy that "there eventually will be no safe place to live." I think that's more defeatist nonsense, certainly silly coming from some trying to harangue others for wanting to leave. And yes, as much as I hate to admit it, with our decades of broken immigration policies and letting the Dems buy up or stir up all sorts of blocks of "minority" voters, there are some states that I consider a complete loss at this point.

Posts: 17101 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:

Having been a gun owner for decades in CA, I have a little experience in this bullshit.

Since I do not reside in that state anymore, I'll play True Confessions; I did not comply with a good number of laws and regulations handed down by the commies in Sacramento.

And I was not the only one either. ALL of my gun buddies also did not comply in one shape or another. For example, my guess is that a small percentage of citizens in CA bothered to register their ARs and AKs with the state.

Never got caught, but was never careless either. Kept a lower profile as far as firearms and the general public, which is why I did not shoot at a public range that much in later years, mostly in BLM land.

YMMV, it is all up to the individual and what you're willin' to live with. Hoping folks hang tight and some court decisions go your way.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16661 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Having been a gun owner for decades in CA, I have a little experience in this bullshit.

Same here with NY. Let's just say the SAFE act put a lot of rifles and magazines in storage behind cabinetry or in interesting hidden compartments all over the state, based on what a few friends showed me the last time I went back.

Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
If ever I am faced with this, I won't give up a single thing. If all gun owners refuse to comply with these illegitimate laws, the laws will be impossible to enforce. The infrastructure does not exist to prosecute millions of American gun owners, nor is there sufficient manpower to go door to door to door to confiscate firearms. Unenforceable laws are just words on a page.

Amen. I'm not giving up a damned thing.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post