SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Maryland K9 officer refuses to go to work
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Maryland K9 officer refuses to go to work Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted

quote:
Maryland resident Cassie Costin captured video of her husband Officer Ryan Costin struggling to get his K9 partner to go to work in Glen Burnie, on April 24.

The video shows Officer Costin attempting to get his partner, Jango the police dog, into their vehicle for a day at the Anne Arundel County Sheriff's Office.

Cassie explained she received a text from her husband after he walked out the door to go to work saying he was ready to head out but Jango was not having it.

That was when she glanced outside the window of her home to see her husband trying to convince the dog to get in the car and started to film the scene.

Officer Costin eventually convinced Jango to go to work with a belly rub.

That dog was flatter than a cat on a leash.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31436 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
He saw the BK fight video and got scurred.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
doggie style case of the mondays

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
"I don't want to dog today. I want to cat."

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43879 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Officer Costin eventually convinced Jango to go to work with a belly rub .

Works for me. Smile

Posts: 22904 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder how often that happens?

Most working dogs drag you out to work daily.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aquabird:

They’ll actually hide pain to stay on routine. My GSD hid her Leukemia from me until the very end. They truly are man’s best friend. They’ll eat a bullet to save you. I have so much respect for the PD’s that bury their K9’s and have processions, treating them as full officers when they pass.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12630 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of katndog
posted Hide Post
I love that he took the time to do that

Posts: 2629 | Location: CT | Registered: October 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Every boy deserves a bit of attention in the morning to get his day started off on the right foot Eek

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I WAS THAT DOG this morning.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aquabird:

Yeah. Our K-9s can't wait to go to work. Never seen this before. Must have been a low budget/donated dog. Hell, our retired k-9's are a down right pain to get away from when we leave for work without them.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Chestnut Flu. Big Grin

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While they made it seem all cute, in my opinion, that dog needs more training. If I give any of our dogs a command, it darn well better do it. That is the definition of a well trained dog, 1 that will obey the trainer, even when it'd rather not. I'd be embarrassed if that were my dog. That's just me though.

Posts: 537 | Registered: March 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Never name your dog JANGO, it associated with chains and dogs don't like chains...

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8354 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
...struggling to get his K9 partner to go to work in Glen Burnie...

Glen Burnie? Hell, I agree with the dog.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"And it's time that particularly, some of our corporations learned, that when you get in bed with government, you're going to get more than a good night's sleep."
- Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5785 | Location: Pegram, TN | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
I heard Jango call “shotgun”!

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
Fuckn' Union employees.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4618 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FRANKT:
quote:

Not like they were sending him into PG county. I'd learn how to play dead to avoid going there.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by FRANKT:
quote:

Not like they were sending him into PG county. I'd learn how to play dead to avoid going there.

I'd gnaw off a paw to stay out of PG, but the dog might object.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31436 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Dude needs to work a little harder to get the dog a bite once in a while. That totally looks like a “Why the **** should I bother boss, you never let me chew on anybody!?!” platz. Poor dog needs to exercise his jaw once in a while so he doesn’t feel like all he is doing is riding around in a car being bored out of his mind.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post