SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    CAP - Doing Something Worthwhile
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CAP - Doing Something Worthwhile Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted
after a lot of time jumping through hoops and training I was asked to become counter-narcotics qualified

Have flown four missions so far, and last missing we caught 9 illegals just crossing the border

it was great to be able to direct CBP ground teams to their exact location and catch them all

I know its only 9 out of hundreds of thousands but fortunately its no longer catch and release

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
after a lot of time jumping through hoops and training I was asked to become counter-narcotics qualified

Have flown four missions so far, and last missing we caught 9 illegals just crossing the border

it was great to be able to direct CBP ground teams to their exact location and catch them all

I know its only 9 out of hundreds of thousands but fortunately its no longer catch and release

Excellent! I have a soft spot for CAP... cadets were a huge asset on a few SAR jobs I had as a park ranger.

Has counter-narcotics become more of a "thing" lately?

Posts: 2452 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
oh yeah - huge budget increase to on average 10 missions a month up from 1

the CBP have given us encrypted radios, stabilized binoculars...

we now even have our own liason

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That sounds like a good time!

Many moons ago I got to play border enforcement as a light infantry scout platoon member working the border in 2 man recon teams with thermals, calling in the BP on 'em.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post