SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Best Day And Worst Day Of Your Life.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Best Day And Worst Day Of Your Life. Login/Join 
No Compromise
posted
What was the best day and worst day in your life? This is not a competition to see who can outdo who with the best day or the worst day. This is just a chance to share the ups and downs that you experience as you have gone through life.

Here’s mine.

Best Day:

This one is difficult. I’ve had so many good times, it’s hard to pick a single moment. I would have to say it was the day I realized I was truly self-sufficient. I woke up one morning and discovered I had my own job, car, apartment, and plentiful friends. Even though I drove a skylark, was a janitor, and I shared my apartment with others, at least everything was mine. I wish I could go back to that day when everything was so simple.

Worst Day:

Four years ago, I was going through a rough patch. In the space of one year, I lost my Nephew, my Sister, my Mother, and my Father in death. Of those times, the worst day was when my Mother lost her battle with ALS and suffocated to death in my arms. Definitely the worst day of my life.

How about you?

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Best Day:
The day the Social Worker placed our newly adopted, three-day-old, daughter in my arms.

Worst Day:
The day I stood in the hospital beside my son who had just dislocated his neck and was now paralyzed from the armpits down.

____

I'm filled with gratitude for the blessings I've received.

Posts: 707 | Location: So Cal | Registered: September 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
Best Day: When my son(s) were born

Worst Day: When my wife of 30 years didn't know who I was, DAMN Alzheimer's, at least she is no longer suffering

Posts: 3851 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
I guess my dads death by far was the worst day. Although it can be seen coming a mile away (cancer) the helplessness was the worse part for me.

Idk about the best day, Ive been blessed with several. Those that immediately come to mind were my wedding day, and the day I got my car running after a 13 yr resto. That was pretty amazing to me. Witnessing the Northern Lights on a trip with some family to Iceland is pretty far up there as well. I've been blessed.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: apf383,

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7507 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My best day: June 30, 2003 when I retired with over $100K in the CU and a lifetime state pension and I never have to work again.

Worse day of my life: August 2005, was told I needed a triple Coronary Bypass operation, ASAP.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Does boat or RV ownership count? Smile

Posts: 9503 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Worst day in my life was when my daughter died. Best day was when I adopted my daughter who has turned out to be a far better daughter then I could ever have hoped for. She and my grandsons are the most important thing in my life along with my wife.

Edited to add. Funny thing is I can remember the day my daughter died as if it were yesterday. I remember everything, even the clothes I wore that day and it was many years ago

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Pretty easy for me. I've been blessed with far more good days than bad. That is till Jan. 2016 when I was diagnosed with cancer. Went through hell with chemo, radiation and major surgery on June 27th.

Best day was just yesterday when I was told my latest scan and blood work came back negative. The doctor told me that is a majorly big deal to go the first year without it showing up somewhere else. YEA! Big Grin

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Best day- daughter was born. Healthy and she's grown into a fine young lady.
Worst day- the day my Mom died. It was Easter Sunday 2006 and while I'm at peace with it now, it took years to come to terms.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Best day: Saturday, April 13, 1974. I was flying an Aero Commander 520 from Chicago Midway to Valparaiso Indiana.

There was a really pretty young lady passenger sitting in the copilot seat.

It took a lot on my part to work up the nerve to ask her to have dinner with me that evening.

Our 38th wedding anniversary was last month.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30659 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Worst day was the day I was born.
It was also the best day, and I have been flipping of death everyday since.

"Hey, Death..." Fuck you some more! I got this!!!"

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Best day: Saturday, April 13, 1974. I was flying an Aero Commander 520 from Chicago Midway to Valparaiso Indiana.

There was a really pretty young lady passenger sitting in the copilot seat.

It took a lot on my part to work up the nerve to ask her to have dinner with me that evening.

Our 38th wedding anniversary was last month.

Ah, a hijacker.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
The day my daughter was born. After taking her from the delivery room, the obligatory silver nitrate drops and a shot, they had me carry her to the viewing room and place her in one of the incubator trays. They told me I had to ditch my scrubs and go down and start an outpatient record for her. I was high af on adrenalin.

It was a long maze to the main hall to the elevator, but as I entered the hallway, I recognized two women sitting in plastic chairs there, because they had been at the window when I brought my daughter in.

As I turned and began to walk past them, I fainted. I mean blacked out. Big badass military guy, down like a girl. Right into the women's laps.

I woke up a handful of seconds later, and they were calling for a doctor, but I flagged them off. I told them I just got too happy and passed out. Their concern turned to laughter. Laugh away you hens...I've got a baby girl...

Winning.

Having the holy spirit enter my body a handful of times was pretty amazing, too.

Worst day? Haven't had it yet, I don't think. I'm real big on the driving my enemies before me and listening to the lamentations of their women, and/or the moans of satisfaction of as many of them as I can.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Best was when my first child was born. I've had some bad days, but nothing so bad I need to lift it to a pinnacle. I imagine they're yet to come.

Posts: 11379 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My best day(s) were steelhead fishing in Alaska.

My worst day was June 24th 1988 when my wife and I made the decision to have our 12 year old son removed off of life support.

Sgt. USMC 1970 - 1973

Posts: 411 | Location: Columbiana, Ohio  | Registered: May 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Best day - My firstborn. Held her after she popped out. She was doing something very funny, I'll never forget it. My second born was a comedian too, but in an entirely different way.

My second (if I may) best day was bagging two deer on one day, followed by a fantastic meal, and you will have to guess the rest. I called that a trifecta, and it became a goal for the rest of the guys on our annual hunting trips - very funny. We were young and all had young families. Good times.

Worst day ? I don't think about it. The current days are the best days to do good.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8675 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Best Day - the day I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior

Worst Day - the day I sat on the edge of the hospital bed and held my Mom's hand as she took her last breath.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23246 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Worst day: Tie between the day my dad passed away and the day of his funeral a few days later.

Best day: Tie between 12/13/82 and 9/28/86. Birthdates of my two sons who are the absolute lights of my life.

Posts: 417 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: June 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Best day: A toss up between two
1. The day was handed my badge as a Fire Fighter
2. The day I stepped on the ice as a coach at U of M

Worst day: Not open for discussion

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
The best day for me is a tie - The birth of my 2 boys followed closely by when I graduated from Air Force Basic Training.

The worst day - I've had some bad days in my life, but nothing that I can say yet was the worst day ever yet.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post