SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Well, here I sit in the hospital. Guess it’s my turn
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Well, here I sit in the hospital. Guess it’s my turn Login/Join 
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Prayers and wishing you Kevbo the best possible outcome.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Good luck, Kevbo!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Prayer sent your way this Easter morning for a complete and speedy recovery.

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Prayers for your speedy recovery.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Best wishes to you Kevbo. I have sciatica, and back issues can be persistent and destructive. Hoping yours can be cleared up. Sounds more like a trauma than a degenerative issue, so hopefully yours can be treated and returned to normal.
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Ask for a warm blanket!

All hospitals seem to have those nice blanket warmers these days. A few years ago, I was in for a colon perf, and was wheeled down to cardio for an echocardiogram. Had to wait in the hall for about 20 minutes. Problem is, the warm blankets only stay warm for about 5-10 minutes. They don't take the old blanket off, just put on a new one. By the time I got back to my room, I had about 10 blankets piled on top of me. Smile

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10784 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Hope things go well.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
You’re in my prayers Kevbo.

Posts: 26895 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Hope you are on the mend!

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34108 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I am now in my room for the night, having undergone a 5 hour open spine surgery

I’ve got what will be a cool 4-5” scar directly on my spine. It actually sits right near my oldest surgical scar from where I had a type of cystic melanoma that I was born with removed when I was a kid when it was discovered the cancer was malignant

Apparently I had something called cauda equina syndrome. Thank God Dr Mrs Kevbo is good at her craft and made me call the rescue squad. Apparently my case was such that I was in serious danger of losing use of my leg forever. As it is, my right leg still doesn’t have full sensation back, and is still very very weak. And that was basically from having this syndrome in full swing for less than 24 hours

I appreciate everyone’s concerns, thoughts and well wishes

Thank you again, sincerely.

I hope everyone had a great Easter.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you had care right when you needed it as fast as possible. Now the slow steady improvement! Just have patience and do the PT.

Posts: 17881 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Uhg, back problems equals pain.

Get better and get back, pun intended.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31423 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Goodness, glad you got help quickly. Here’s to a complete recovery

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1838 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
KEVBO: YOU HAVE MAIL.

My SIGforum friends came through when I was hospitalized last year, so I am available to assist you if you'd like.

Just give me a call or send me an email.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31430 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Best wishes brother!

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
I am now in my room for the night, having undergone a 5 hour open spine surgery

I’ve got what will be a cool 4-5” scar directly on my spine. It actually sits right near my oldest surgical scar from where I had a type of cystic melanoma that I was born with removed when I was a kid when it was discovered the cancer was malignant

Apparently I had something called cauda equina syndrome. Thank God Dr Mrs Kevbo is good at her craft and made me call the rescue squad. Apparently my case was such that I was in serious danger of losing use of my leg forever. As it is, my right leg still doesn’t have full sensation back, and is still very very weak. And that was basically from having this syndrome in full swing for less than 24 hours

I appreciate everyone’s concerns, thoughts and well wishes

Thank you again, sincerely.

I hope everyone had a great Easter.

As soon as I saw your symptoms, I thought "Uh oh, cauda equina" but kept my yap shut because your doctor should be the one to deliver such a diagnosis. I am glad they caught it, took it seriously, and fixed it stat. Waiting only makes your recovery harder.
Nice work, everyone, and best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Things happen in threes. Hopefully, you've had your 3.

Get better quickly!

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
Good things happen in threes, too. First good thing will be to fix that back tomorrow AM. Hang in there, Kevbo.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10353 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of usp_fan
posted Hide Post
Glad your wife is smart and you are smart enough to listen to her. Hope you heal up well and quick.

Posts: 2504 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: March 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Hey brother

Thank you so much. I emailed you back. Of course inova blocks sigforum on their WiFi so I had to charge my phone to get back on

Looks like I get to go home today. I’m tired. And sore. And since I have a 4 inch cut along my spine there is still a fair amount of pain. But (thank God) it’s a different kind of pain than what brought me here

My oldest son is going to pick me up today. He actually has a surgical of his own this morning

What I would like to do is buy you lunch when I’m able to move and drive again. Once I feel up to it we will figure it out

quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
KEVBO: YOU HAVE MAIL.

My SIGforum friends came through when I was hospitalized last year, so I am available to assist you if you'd like.

Just give me a call or send me an email.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Hang in there Kevbo, do try and be a good patient!

Prayers sent for a complete recovery.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post