SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    20 Examples of Liberals vs. Also Liberals
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

20 Examples of Liberals vs. Also Liberals Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted
Townhall.com
John Hawkins
April 14,2018

1) Liberals: Conservatives are so paranoid! No one wants to take your guns.

Also liberals: Repeal the 2nd Amendment! No one needs AR-15s! Gun owners are murderers and terrorists!

2) Liberals: College kids need to be protected from hurtful words with safe spaces because they’re so fragile and the poor dears need to be able to stay on their parents’ insurance until 26!

Also liberals: 16 year-olds should be able to vote!

3) Liberals: You can’t criticize Islam! We must be respectful to all religions!

Also liberals: Of course, there’s nothing wrong with using your tax dollars to build a life-size nativity scene made out of pig sh*t!

4) Liberals: We absolutely should not put armed guards in schools to stop shooters! It won’t work! Terrible idea!

Also liberals: There’s a school shooter! Quick, call someone with a gun to save the kids!

5) Liberals: Love trumps hate! When they go low, we go high! Hate has no home here!

Also liberals: You don’t agree with me? BIGOT! RACIST! FASCIST! WHY ARE YOU SO HATEFUL?

6) Liberals: Romney is such an idiot for thinking Russia is our biggest geopolitical threat. Get back in your time machine so you can get back to the Cold War, Grandpa! Ha, hah, ha!

Also liberals: Can we talk about how big a threat Russia is to us? Where are the sanctions? Maybe we should bomb Russia! Why are more people not talking about the danger of Russia?

7) Liberals: We need to do whatever it takes to curb global warming!

Also liberals: Let's all fly overseas in private jets and ride in SUVS to an opulent conference so we can discuss global warming.

8) Liberals: My baby can decide his own gender!

Also liberals: Spanking your child? That’s child abuse!

9) Liberals: We’re a rape culture! Women are under a constant threat of sexual assault from men!

Also liberals: Women should be able to carry guns for protection? That’s insane!

10) Liberals: Diversity is a strength!

Also liberals: No conservatives should be allowed to work for liberal publications, act in Hollywood or teach in schools!

11) Liberals: Donald Trump is another Hitler and the police are racists who are murdering young black men for no reason.

Also liberals: Only the government and police should have guns!

12) Liberals: It’s my body, my choice!

Also liberals: You should be fined by the government if you don’t want to buy health insurance!

13) Liberals: We’re the party of science!

Also liberals: Unborn children aren’t people and you can pick your own gender!

14) Liberals: The death penalty is morally wrong! You can’t do that to another human being, even if he’s a serial killer!

Also liberals: Not even the father of the child has the right to keep a woman from aborting her baby.

15) Liberals: School choice? Vouchers! Those are bad for children! Children should have to go to public schools!

Also (rich) liberals: Of course my kids are going to private school! It’s only the best for my children!

16) Liberals: You don’t want to give more of what you earned to the government? You’re SELFISH!

Also liberals: You want welfare, school lunches and housing you didn’t earn? Don’t be ashamed! There’s nothing wrong with taking it!

17) Liberals: The law is your fist when you're dealing with Nazis! They deserve it!

Also liberals: Everyone who disagrees with me is a Nazi!

18) Liberals: Conservatives are sexists who don’t respect women!

Also liberals: Give me a second; I just called Dana Loesch the c-word on Twitter and I have to like it with all 8 of my fake accounts.

19) Liberals: There is no reason to oppose tearing down Confederate statues other than racism!

Also liberals: The Jefferson Memorial? He was a slave owner; so it should go. William McKinley wasn’t nice enough to the Indians. He has to go! Oh, and let’s destroy Mount Rushmore while we’re at it!

20) Liberals: We need more women in science, technology, engineering and mathematics!

Also liberal women in college: I’m majoring in women’s studies!

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
The Left has done a great job of co-opting the word "liberal."

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
That's excellent, JALLEN!

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
The Left has done a great job of co-opting the word "liberal."

... and "progressive"

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Knuckledragger
Picture of IndyRob
posted Hide Post
Liberal is the wrong term, progressive is a much better term.

It drives me batty that people call progressives liberals.

Joe Lieberman is a liberal, Nancy Pelosi is a progressive.

Posts: 7358 | Location: Greater Indianapolis Area | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Nothing liberal about them.
They are ultra conservative leftists.

Posts: 9508 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IndyRob:

Joe Lieberman is a liberal, Nancy Pelosi is a progressive.

I like "regressive".

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I stopped at number 1 assuming the rest is the same.

I don't see this as a liberal vs. liberal.

It's a liberal tactic that is mirrored in any inner city ambush by thugs. One thug engages the target while the other thug goes around to smack the target unawares. They got you coming and going.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19662 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
I stopped at number 1 assuming the rest is the same.

I don't see this as a liberal vs. liberal.

It's a liberal tactic that is mirrored in any inner city ambush by thugs. One thug engages the target while the other thug goes around to smack the target unawares. They got you coming and going.

I see this as the typical liberal double standard: guns for me but not for thee; my speech is free speech, your speech is hate speech, etc

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
The truth and true principles are consistent and eternal. Lies and false principles are relative and temporary.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
The truth and true principles are consistent and eternal. Lies and false principles are relative and temporary.

Yes, relative and temporary. But when in the middle of them, they can do a lot of damage.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:

They're indeed not liberals, but I'd argue there's nothing "progressive" about them, either. They're leftists. Authoritarian leftists. They are more like fascists than liberals.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Liberal-Leftist-Progressives are simply out to destroy every traditional American moral, ethical, and cultural value.
Why?
Some philosopher/psychologists call this "ressentiment", which is based on their greedy, self-centered resentment and envy of all that is successful. So they assume a holy mantle for their resentment and fight against all that is "good" with a religious-like zeal.

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:

They're indeed not liberals, but I'd argue there's nothing "progressive" about them, either. They're leftists. Authoritarian leftists. They are more like fascists than liberals.

They're leftists. Authoritarian leftists. They are more like fascists than liberals.

(That needs a repeat.)

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
quote:
quote:

They're leftists. Authoritarian leftists. They are more like fascists than liberals.

(That needs a repeat.)

They have a good PR department which realizes a rose by any other name would smell as sweet, but many a turd is sold by clever naming and marketing.

Nobody wanted chinese gooseberries, but now they are quite popular as Kiwifruit.

If we had “truth in politics” the progs would be God Damned Commies.

In classical terms, those who favor individual liberty, property, freedom, are liberals.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
You do have to give the credit that they are extremely good at creating new words and redefining ones that already exist.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
wimmin's studies

is that a credit course in Playboy?

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Overall, The true liberals of 30 years ago are far different from the true liberals of today.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10924 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
quote:
quote:

(That needs a repeat.)

They have a good PR department which realizes a rose by any other name would smell as sweet, but many a turd is sold by clever naming and marketing.

Why concede to their terms? We don't call EBRs "assault weapons" or assault rifles because they do, do we? So why refer to them as "liberals" when it's obvious they are the opposite of liberal?

Cooperating with their marketing only helps give them cover for what they really are.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I'm still laughing at #20.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post