Find
Notify
Tools

TSA Pre-Check Login/Join 
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted
Got lucky and got tagged pre-check, also doing more traveling for work. Gonna have the biz pay for it and just pay the extra 20 for global entry as well.

It says Global Entry is for one person only but sometimes a traveling companion who booked flights together gets tsa pre-check.

Anybody have any experience if a spouse gets in free and which airlines are best?

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since I've had precheck, I think my wife has gotten it every time we've traveled together (1-2 times per year, 4 years).

I've also traveled internationally in the last few months & had almost 0 wait for CBP, without Global entry. The kiosks for peons make it much faster.

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe if both tickets are booked under the same reservation and one of the passengers is GE/TSA Pre, the other MAY also get TSA Pre for that flight. This may be airline dependent to how their algorithms are set when issuing tickets.

If your companion is older (or looks older), that sometime helps, it's up to the TSA agent working and how accommodating they want to be.

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dlc444
posted Hide Post
I have global entry; therefore, precheck as well. I have booked tickets for the whole family (five total) and we all get precheck. It seems like every time.

I have even booked on the sites that have my info (southwest, delta, american) on behalf of a family member, and they usually get it, not always, but usually.

-.---.----.. -.---.----.. -.---.----..
It seems to me that any law that is not enforced and can't be enforced weakens all other laws.

Posts: 4357 | Location: Tampa | Registered: August 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Six Days on the Road
Picture of vandrv
posted Hide Post
I signed up for Pre Check when It was first offered. It makes thing go a lot smoother without having to go through the usual cavity check, but I've noticed lately the Pre Check line is almost as long as the regular one. I don't know if more and more people are signing up for it or the airlines are just assigning it to more people.

Posts: 759 | Location: The Boulevard of Broken Dreams | Registered: June 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I have Global Entry

gets me precheck on domestic and quick pass through Toronto going into Canada

doesn't work driving into Canada

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only a warrior
chooses pacifism
posted Hide Post
I've also got Global Entry and when I've booked tickets for personal travel with the family my whole family got TSA pre-check regardless of the airline.

Posts: 203 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: December 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I flew with the wife who has pre check, and it carried over to me and the boy...it's nice.

I pointed out the stupidity kabuki theater to the boy while we were in line too.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The last few times my wife and I have traveled we were Pre-Check. All we did was buy a ticket that was above coach. Makes you wonder about the security of it?

Posts: 921 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post