SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I feel the need for mattress tags
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I feel the need for mattress tags Login/Join 
posted
these tags would tell you what it is made of.

the purpose of the tag would be to make it totally comparable

from brand to brand , retailer to retailer.

what type of spring what gauge of wire, number of springs, materials used, frame type, the whole ball of wax.

right now its all pig in a poke ,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54638 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
And forever on clearance Roll Eyes

Posts: 1407 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
That's why you aren't supposed to remove them. If you do, you'll be dragged away in the middle of the night by the mattress tag police.

Posts: 27956 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Isn't it a Federal offense to remove the tag?

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolffy88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by msfzoe:
Isn't it a Federal offense to remove the tag?

By the seller. Not the owner of the mattress.

"This became the law in the early 20th century when the US government responded to concerns that some of the materials used in pillows and mattresses easily conducted illnesses or harbored pests such as lice. Some manufacturers would stuff their goods with just about anything including horse hair or corn husks, since the customer could not see them. Mattress and pillow manufacturers were required to clearly define the contents of their products and to identify whether or not these contents were new or recycled materials by placing tags on them."

-wolff

"In the absence of light, darkness prevails." - Professor Bruttenholm

Posts: 2103 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Embrace conformity.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
That's why you aren't supposed to remove them. If you do, you'll be dragged away in the middle of the night by the mattress tag police.

That was a Saturday Night Live skit....

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
no, no, no,
I don't want you to send me your mattress tags.

I want to compare the mattress's to one another,
to quantify each one along with the price.

as it is , no one knows whats inside ,
wouldn't it be nice to know what you are getting for your $900.00 ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54638 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Shit. I already put mine in the mail.

Posts: 26905 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Shit. I already put mine in the mail.

Screw the USPS. I used a Raven. Hopefully it will home in on ol' bendable. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16214 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post