SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    University of Texas to Treat Masculinity as a 'Mental Health' Issue
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

University of Texas to Treat Masculinity as a 'Mental Health' Issue Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rh:
JALLEN: Please tell me an Aggie joke.

Funny you should mention that. I’ve been sitting here wondering if the story in the OP might be one.

An outfit that would kidnap our mascot and brand it “13-0” is capable of anything.

When God created Aggies, He was just joking.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
We've known all the men were run out of TU long before this... Big Grin

Posts: 5735 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
I read somewhere a while back that the largest number of folks relocating from California are going to Texas..... so go figure!

Look out Texas!

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free radical
scavenger
Picture of rh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
An outfit that would kidnap our mascot and brand it “13-0” is capable of anything.

Yes, Texas A&M University is much stronger than tu.

Posts: 1140 | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rh:
quote:

Yes, Texas A&M University is much stronger than tu.

You know, I have noticed the Aggies have become a lot more energetic, active, prominent, in recent years, since they gave up Animal Husbandry decades ago, and I think I have figured out how it happened.

Having the Aggie yell leader as Governor for 14 years.

For decades, the only way to get a ticket to a UT football game was either enroll in school or be elected Governor. He or she always got a good seat. Then Perry got in, didn’t need, use or want them, and things have been in flux since.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free radical
scavenger
Picture of rh
posted Hide Post
quote:
You know, I have noticed the Aggies have become a lot more energetic, active, prominent, in recent years, since they gave up Animal Husbandry decades ago, and I think I have figured out how it happened.

I just asked for an Aggie joke to amuse me. You've motivated me to give away $1,000 to TAMU. Subsequently, I'm now a One-time Diamond Century Club Gift member. They will mail me a medallion or something.

For those uninformed, tu is Wussy University, while Texas A&M is something that General Earl Rudder fixed.

I told my step-father in Oklahoma that Dallas, Houston, and especially Austin have been overtaken.

Posts: 1140 | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR78
posted Hide Post
I’m scratching my nuts while reading this thread.

Posts: 1964 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Any guy who enrolls in that class is probably dating another guy anyway.

My exact thoughts. Like Women's Studies programs, the attendees are all of the same sex seeking 'an academic they can identify with and gets-it'. Nothing but a hook-up class for same-sex partnerships and those who's male family members failed them.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Austin is liberalism central in TX, so it's not such a surprise.

Indeed it is, as are a couple other areas on border and large cities. Not what you'd hope from from Texans, but of course few of the people in these areas actually are....

I'm a transplant, but it does bother me that where I live is the only county in the entire north half of the state that went blue.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
The story in the OP actually sugar coats it to seem not as bad as it sounds.

Go to the link to the actual website and be astonished. Good grief!!

I wonder what Jordan Peterson would think of this?

Link

Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
quote:
Link

I wonder what the Chancellor thinks of it.

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2541 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get busy living
or get busy dying!
Picture of heathtx
posted Hide Post
What's the old joke about only 2 things from Austin, steers and queers!

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rockwall County (God's Country) TX | Registered: February 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Clem Eastwood
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2068 | Location: North Texas | Registered: January 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Austin is liberalism central in TX, so it's not such a surprise.

Indeed it is, as are a couple other areas on border and large cities. Not what you'd hope from from Texans, but of course few of the people in these areas actually are....

I'm a transplant, but it does bother me that where I live is the only county in the entire north half of the state that went blue.

flashguy

The three pink counties next to Dallas are where a lot of the California turds are moving into. Especially Collin to the north.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
The story in the OP actually sugar coats it to seem not as bad as it sounds.

Go to the link to the actual website and be astonished. Good grief!!

Link
Ok pal, you owe me back 10 minutes of my life for reading that insanity. That is one of the top five most absurd pieces of twaddle I've ever had the displeasure of reading.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post