SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    University of Texas to Treat Masculinity as a 'Mental Health' Issue
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

University of Texas to Treat Masculinity as a 'Mental Health' Issue Login/Join 
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Then they'll be fucked good.

Or perhaps not...

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15571 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Yet homosexuality and transsexualism is not a mental health issue?

Leftists are dangerous. Outright dangerous.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
Yet homosexuality and transsexualism is not a mental health issue?. . .

Very good point, clearly a double standard.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
UT-Austin Faculty meeting:

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4576 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post
I have a feeling Trump voters won't be there. So, the ones who do show up were already lost.

MAGA

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
A world of change since I attended UT in 1966.

On campus LBJ was almost universally hated....

EasyFire

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Any guy who enrolls in that class is probably dating another guy anyway. They probably consider this home ec lol.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
You can get the impression that this is a cultural phenomenon, that Americans are turning against masculinity. But it's actually a proportionally tiny number of leftists and "gender warriors" who have worked their way into positions of power in American colleges and universities.

I don't mean to dismiss the whole thing at all. They send out messages to boys who are impressionable, who are trying to figure out life and questions about their own identity, and the messages these young men receive are poisonous. "There is something seriously wrong with you because you are male."

In another era, the people who perpetrate this kind of thing would have been the leaders of racist organizations-- say, the KKK in the 19th C. It's the same kind of thinking-- condemning a group, or a class, and every member of it. Sick, twisted thinking.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11107 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EasyFire:
A world of change since I attended UT in 1966.

On campus LBJ was almost universally hated....

EasyFire

I’m not sure I agree with that. I was there in those years. There was always that relatively small contingent of SDS type doper dirtball hippies, but hardly universal.

There were a significant number of Goldwater supporters.

Of course, LBJ always had a strong effect on people, either loved or hated, around the hill country, having nothing to do necessarily with liberal or conservative. Many saw him as the savior of the hill country for among other things the electrification project he and his cronies promoted. Some considered him a despicable untrustworthy weasel.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dgrdvm:
Wow, that’s fucked up, and sad.

Oh crap - is that my lack of emotional maturity rearing it’s ugly (male) head ?k

Yes it is, time for your re-education please report to camp building #7.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20819 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
It might be time to treat universities as asylums....

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Make all the campus police and security female , see how that works out.

Posts: 735 | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
A little OT, but for JALLEN or EasyFire were either of you around when Charles Whitman did his deed?

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enjoy Computer Living
Picture of LoungeChair
posted Hide Post
I wonder, will this policy be applied to the butch lesbians on campus as well?

-Loungechair

Posts: 674 | Registered: October 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Empowering women and belittling men. As if there's not enough of that already without making it a required core course for graduation. Next up they'll be offering more of the same in a graduate program; Doctorate of Limpwristed Douchebagness. What WILL they think up next...

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigWhup:
"The school is in the process of hiring a “healthy masculinities coordinator” to run the program,..."

Richard Simmons would be great for that job.
I bet it will be a female with a hyphenated last name.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16513 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Austin is liberalism central in TX, so it's not such a surprise.

Indeed it is, as are a couple other areas on border and large cities. Not what you'd hope from from Texans, but of course few of the people in these areas actually are....

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12415 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
Some years ago in the original Pajama Boy thread a member had, what I think, is the finest response to this whole weirdness and anti-masculine take. I'm sorry I don't remember who it was that posted but my admiration runs deep. I also can't quote him but the spirit of what he said lives;

A paraphrase: Who is this pajama-boy you guys are worried about? I'm out on the prairie and just killed a 300 pound ferral-hog with a crossbow and I'm building a mesquite fire to roast it. I'll have to worry about this tomorrow.

Cool

Posts: 6390 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Another reason in a long list of reasons that organized the public education system needs to go away.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free radical
scavenger
Picture of rh
posted Hide Post
JALLEN: Please tell me an Aggie joke.

Posts: 1140 | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post