SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Eggs are good for you..........again
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Eggs are good for you..........again Login/Join 
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
^ worse than worse. All the "science" to link saturated fats to CVD were done using maragine and other hydrogenated fats. We've been dupped for the last 40 years but it is changing.

"For those of you who aren’t fully convinced that butter and eggs are healthy, I’ve devoted the first half of this article to highlighting why, when your doctor recommends that you swap out saturated fats in foods like butter and eggs for polyunsaturated fat in products like Smart Balance and packaged breakfast cereals, it’s largely thanks to Ancel Keys and his misleading, even dishonest, public statements."

http://drcate.com/what-every-d...el-keys-experiments/

Posts: 3520 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
I never pay any attention to such diet warnings.

Eggs are bad – now they’re good.
Fat is bad – now it’s good.
Salt is bad – now it’s good.
Red wine is bad – now it’s good.
Coffee is bad – now it’s good.
Until they change their advice again – about everything.

I eat and drink what I like, in moderation.

Exactly!

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
A friend was enjoying a slice of my pie and was marveling at the nice flaky crust.

"It's the lard", I told her.

Thought she was gonna stroke out right there.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSentry:
^ worse than worse. All the "science" to link saturated fats to CVD were done using maragine and other hydrogenated fats. We've been dupped for the last 40 years but it is changing.

"For those of you who aren’t fully convinced that butter and eggs are healthy, I’ve devoted the first half of this article to highlighting why, when your doctor recommends that you swap out saturated fats in foods like butter and eggs for polyunsaturated fat in products like Smart Balance and packaged breakfast cereals, it’s largely thanks to Ancel Keys and his misleading, even dishonest, public statements."

http://drcate.com/what-every-d...el-keys-experiments/

Yeah, Keys was a jerk. I didn't know his "studies" used trans-fats! What a fraud, how many people died believing that drivel, heck many people still do and it is still given out as medical advice often.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
"..."living" is bad for you!

It is terminal.... Razz

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
3 Over easy please (cooked in bacon grease). Bacon, real butter, salt and pepper, home fries, OJ, biscuits, good coffee with cream and sugar. Oh and a fork.

FIFY Cool

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post