SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    tell us about your experiance with a person or persons from the future
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

tell us about your experiance with a person or persons from the future Login/Join 
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
No. they were you you for me.

Posts: 26905 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
There I was. My phone rang. The ID was my own number. I often wonder what was so important that future me was was calling. I'm sorta pissed at myself for not answering.

Posts: 7357 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:

rate the experiance

That time machine was a piece of crap, it doesn't work.

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
^^I could'a told ya that.

Posts: 7357 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With all the things you think you know, and all the technological advancements we have made, ask yourself this:

If I were transported back in time just 300 years (1719) what could I do to convince the naturally skeptical people that I really was from the future ?
That is why I don't even try with you guys.

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is it possible for Bendable to author a post so confusing, that he, himself, cannot comprehend it?

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spokane228:
Is is possible for Bendable to author a post so confusing, that he, himself, cannot comprehend it?

Objection. Assumption of fact without evidence to support it.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I needed Bendable to translate.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31443 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by Spokane228:
Is is possible for Bendable to author a post so confusing, that he, himself, cannot comprehend it?

Objection. Assumption of fact without evidence to support it.

Withdrawn.

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Apparently one of my descendants is a pretty important dude in the distant future. Thus my whole life, I've had to deal with time travelers pestering me. Usually they want to do an interview or something. Sometimes they claim to have instructions from the future. It's really annoying.

I get rid of them by stepping on a butterfly or something. One squashed bug, and poof they're gone. That's why I say distant future. It's difficult to believe that a single squashed bug ripple would be sufficient to wipe them out unless they were from a really distant future.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
He said “Be excellent to each other” and his name was Rufus.

Posts: 17887 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Ahhh...I was 19, she was 36.

Mind. Blown.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Zaphod: Listen, I'm Zaphod Beeblebrox, my father was Zaphod Beeblebrox the Second, my grandfather Zaphod Beeblebrox the Third...

Arthur: What?

Zaphod: There was an accident with a contraceptive and a time machine. Now concentrate!

Posts: 15031 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
I don't know anybody from the future...yet.

tac

Posts: 11323 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3455 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a bigger boat
Picture of CaptainMike
posted Hide Post
The beetle has landed. The Falcon walks alone. The time is now.

MOO means NO! Be the comet!

Posts: 2769 | Location: The Tidewater. VCOA. | Registered: June 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
You can't get there from here.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8104 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I did meet someone from the future, but it hasn't happened yet since I went home to the past afterward and although I look forward to meeting him again in my past future I don't want to remember it too much and spoil the surprise

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yes. And now I'm my own grandpa.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post