SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    MS-13 in Annapolis, MD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MS-13 in Annapolis, MD Login/Join 
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted
Let's see if we can identify a potential problem in the reporting... Bolding is mine.

Adult members of the violent Central American street gang MS-13 beat up a 15-year-old male student at a public high school in Annapolis, Maryland because he refused to become a member, police say.

The beatdown occurred outside Annapolis High School in March, Annapolis police told the Capital Gazette, a local news outlet.

A grand jury for Anne Arundel County has now indicted two men for the crime, 19-year-old Carlos Sandoval-Rodrigues and 18-year-old Irving Orellana. Both men are residents of Annapolis.

Prior to the beating, a group of students allegedly trapped the teen victim in a boys’ bathroom at the high school. They told the boy that he would be beaten up later in the day if he did not join MS-13, according to police spokesman Marc Limansky.

Then, after school, the group of students accosted the 15-year-old student. According to information from police, members of the group — it’s not clear which ones — punched the 15-year-old student a bunch of times in the chest.

Orellana, the 19-year-old arrestee, is scheduled to enter ninth grade at Annapolis High School in the upcoming school year.

Police say Sandoval-Rodrigues, who does not appear to be enrolled in school, was on the phone with one of the attackers when the assault occurred.

Limansky, the police spokesman, said that investigators were eventually able to identify Sandoval-Rodrigues and Orellana in May based on information provided by the 15-year-old student.

Local officials referred the case to the grand jury in late June.

The indictment against Sandoval-Rodrigues and Orellana include assault and several gang-related charges.

MS-13 is one of the deadliest and most feared street gangs in the world.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/08...-to-join-ms-13-gang/

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MS-13 only understands one language and it is not the court system.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Paging Sombra Negra to Isle 13 for cleanup, Isle 13 for cleanup....

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
MS-13 only understands one language and it is not the court system.

IIRC a few years ago a gang member in Utah (not MS-13) was on trial for gang activities, a former gang member was on the witness stand, the defendant was displeased, grabbed a pen and rushed to stab the witness. A court officer responded appropriately, using training and tools of his profession. Trial ended, justice served.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
IIRC a few years ago a gang member in Utah (not MS-13) was on trial for gang activities, a former gang member was on the witness stand, the defendant was displeased, grabbed a pen and rushed to stab the witness. A court officer responded appropriately, using training and tools of his profession. Trial ended, justice served.

That's so wrong. The officer should also have used a pen, just to make it fair.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Traveler
Picture of Sweden
posted Hide Post
Other than the obvious, this is what stood out to me.

"18-year-old Irving Orellana"......"Orellana, the 19-year-old arrestee"

Posts: 2484 | Location: CO | Registered: April 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I bet all involved were "unaccompanied minors" who illegally entered the US, and were released on us by President Twatwaffle.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31443 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sweden:

Going into the 9th grade.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
quote:

Going into the 9th grade.

I only wish that were unusual around Baltimore and D.C. (which it's not). There's much less of it in the suburban areas than in the cities, but it still happens.

Things are only going to improve now that MTA has opened a bus line running directly from Baltimore to Annapolis. All the "benefits" of the light rail without having to lay tracks. Roll Eyes

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
all I can think of is the bridge scene in Sicario when all the tatted up bangers got wasted with extreme prejudice

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11281 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm amazed he's still in school.

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Aguila produces a Latino themed solution.

Posts: 17145 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
[Captain Obvious] The only adults who should be in high school are the faculty and support staff. Not as students! Mad

Posts: 27958 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
quote:

I'm amazed he's still in school.

Probably assigned there by the gang to recruit.

Like guns, Love Sigs

Posts: 1211 | Location: Battle Born | Registered: December 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post