SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    question on power bill and small 2amp battery charger
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

question on power bill and small 2amp battery charger Login/Join 
Banned
posted Hide Post
I have 4 of the battery maintainers going in the winter. Hardly notice a change in my bill. I'm guessing $7-8 a month for all 4.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
Estimated bill for March would be my guess and the higher earnings for over estimations make for good reports to the stock holders. Eek

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6476 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How many watts is the grow light? They usually use lots of energy from what I've heard and they create heat causing the a/c to run more. 1 KWH= 1000 watts and hour, so a 100 watt light bulb= 1 KW every 10 hours. A KW is what your electricity is measured in and usually $0.10-.15.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Funny story from last week. Guy setting up Bitcoin farming machines. I ran four new circuits for his rigs. As we were talking I ask him how he's going to make money doing it in this age, he said he's ran all the calculations every way possible and based on 1¢ per kilowatt hour he will make very good return. I mentioned to him that he's off by over a factor of ten on energy costs. He got out his phone and did some googling then made no mention of it again. Hope his calculations still result in positive income.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20757 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
People have been known to steal electricity, but this is more common in the projects, so probably not your issue. The utility companies have been experimenting with wireless devices to read the meter. It eliminates the meter reader guy. Mistakes are often made on these bills as well.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tur on suspect item, check skinny wheel at meter. Or, call the power company. Many will do a free usage audit for you.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post