SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    This is Hialeah!’ Taco Bell employee refuses to help client who doesn’t speak Spanish
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This is Hialeah!’ Taco Bell employee refuses to help client who doesn’t speak Spanish Login/Join 
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OMCHamlin:
quote:
Originally posted by Monk:
Make English the national language.

Enforce English language proficiency at all jobs.

Problem solved.

Yeah, sounds great. We're not even CLOSE to that however, and moving farther away every day.
Stock up on mags and ammo, 147gr. fmjs are a universal language.
And yes, for the few liberal fairy trolls on here, yes, specifically what I am saying is get ready for an all out shooting war in America, yes indeed, I AM saying that...

So what you are saying is you want to kill people or what?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5907 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
I pretty much don't give a shit of any type over what language a private business wishes to conduct business in. Tonga, Yak, Chinese, Spanish or even clacking noises by hitting Legos against each other.

There may be business consequences from those decisions but that's none of my concern. Speak whatever you want if it caters to your sucessful busines vision.

Now government business should be in English only if I were King but at home, on your own personal time or running your business speak that on you. Government has no legislative or consitutional mandates to determine what language you use in those circumstances.

Posts: 4076 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
I pretty much don't give a shit of any type over what language a private business wishes to conduct business in...

I don't either. So long as I, as a customer, can shop there using the language of the country the private business is operating in.

You want to make exceptions for ghetto bodegas? Fine, but Taco Bell is as American as McDonalds or Popeyes.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9153 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OMCHamlin:
quote:
Originally posted by Monk:
Make English the national language.

Enforce English language proficiency at all jobs.

Problem solved.

Yeah, sounds great. We're not even CLOSE to that however, and moving farther away every day.
Stock up on mags and ammo, 147gr. fmjs are a universal language.
And yes, for the few liberal fairy trolls on here, yes, specifically what I am saying is get ready for an all out shooting war in America, yes indeed, I AM saying that...

OK........ I'm going to go way out on a limb here and say I don't think either a Mexi-Melt or a Chalupa are going to sound the start of the second civil war.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20816 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironmike57:
Btw, I would not eat in a Taco Bell on a bet.

Twice a year for me, by choice. Tastes good going down, belly ache 45 minutes later.

Here, one speaks an abbreviated English. Not quite Jive, but syllable-optional expression is the norm. I practice respect, do not stare too closely, and empathize with anyone standing at the line nearly a whole shift.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post