SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    This is Hialeah!’ Taco Bell employee refuses to help client who doesn’t speak Spanish
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This is Hialeah!’ Taco Bell employee refuses to help client who doesn’t speak Spanish Login/Join 
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
ICE-ICE, Baby.

From this Link:

quote:
To report a person you think may be in the U.S. illegally, use the Homeland Security Investigations online tip form or call 1-866-347-2423 (in the U.S., Mexico, or Canada) or 1-802-872-6199 (from other countries).

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
I do not buy food any where people do not want to serve me. I wouldn't push the issue. I'd leave. I can't see the food prep area. I don't want them to have a reason to treat my food in any special way.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are Cubans. They've been there for a long time, you aren't going to get them deported. Most of them were born here.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dusty3030:
They are Cubans. They've been there for a long time, you aren't going to get them deported. Most of them were born here.

Every single Cuban I've ever met speaks English. In fact most/all love this country and try to assimilate. Maybe FL is different?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20808 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Pull up to the drive-through window wearing one of these:

Available at Amazon

Hah! Ordered! Cool

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9143 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:

Every single Cuban I've ever met speaks English. In fact most/all love this country and try to assimilate. Maybe FL is different?

Maybe PR's? Bunches of them came over after the hurricane and don't want to leave.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9143 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've done business there for nearly 20 years and have been there I don't know how many times. The people in Hialeah are predominately of Cuban descent. They understand, read, and can speak English just fine, Spanish is used out of choice.

You must remember the people who came over from Cuba were not homogenous - there are / were upper and lower classes. The upper class that you are referring who came over fleeing Castro brought wealth with them and assimilated well, thrived even. The lower classes who have floated across since don't give a crap about assimilating and speak Spanish in defiance.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I hate to make it political, but I’m afraid I must.

These fuckers have become emboldened thanks to the assholes on the left. I hate them more every day for actively trying to destroy my country. I have no doubt this bitch was race baiting and the hoped for confrontation would have been on the news with whitey-the-racist front and center.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15554 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Pull up to the drive-through window wearing one of these:

Available at Amazon

Yeah. Then spend the rest of your night wondering if that was really mayonnaise on your burger.

Posts: 750 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh, I know better than to wear it anywhere outside. For now, I'll park it with my MAGA hat.

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Be Careful What You Wish For...
Picture of Monk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:
Originally posted by Monk:
Make English the national language.

Enforce English language proficiency at all jobs.

Problem solved.

In Miami, you need to be proficient in Spanish to get any job. Burger king even. Everyone there goes around speaking Spanish everywhere, there is no consideration that they're in the US or the language is English.

That should be changed. By force, if necessary.

Georgeair: "...looking around my house this morning, it's not easily defended for long by two people in the event of real anarchy. The entryways might be slick for the latecomers though...."

Posts: 11865 | Location: Hoisting the colors in a strange land | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
They just don't want to speak English, and take advantage of it.
I remember bossing part of a retail remodel; one of the subs had some Spanish speaking employees, they kept doing stuff the wrong way and ignored instructions because "no habla"

It's amazing how fast they learned to habla when then hit a fire sprinkler head with a lift and realized they needed to follow my instructions right away. Must have been something in that water.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a Taco Bell regular, and there's are a couple of taco bells near where I frequently stay in Miami. It's not uncommon at all to be given a cold shoulder when it's clear I'm speaking English.

I speak Spanish, but when others refuse to speak English, I won't speak Spanish, especially domestically.

Miami, and much of southern Florida, is very much latino territory, and there are a lot of places where if you're not Cuban and you don't speak Spanish, nobody will be speaking English. The tolerance threshold goes to zero in cases like that.

To really get a grip on the big picture down there, though, it's necessary to understand the culture, w which is very "me" oriented. People will stop in the road and get out of their car, without any regard to who is behind them. I've seen it many times, when people will stop in the Road and walk into a restaurant. A semi driver stops in the street, gets out, and stretches alongside the road. Customer service is in the toilet. It's all about "them." Go into a latino barber shop and you'll be at the back of the line for every latino that comes in after...if you don't look or sound the part. If you're a poor disadvantaged white irishman like me, you might as well just go to the back of the bus.

I have no patience for the ethnocentric crap that a minority, having made itself the majority, tries to pull, and the Taco Bell incident the start of this thread is just such an example. Dow there, I see it all the time.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hialeah, FL sounds like a perfect place for a micro-comet to make its landfall. Until that happens, the proudly anti-American latino SJW's there should be paid in peso's with no currency rate adjustment.

Posts: 3475 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
My experience was interesting, and very positive, when I lived / worked in Puerto Rico for 5 1/2 years and in Spain for 1 1/2 years.

My command of the Spanish language is pretty weak, maybe on the level of a pre-school child, if even that good. However, I did try. I tried to speak Spanish as much as I could. I always carried a pocket-size Spanish / English dictionary.

I found that many people in both Puerto Rico and in Spain spoke good English. They appreciated my efforts to use their language and were generally very gracious about helping me and correcting my mistakes.

When I needed to communicate with somebody who did not speak English, I would pull the dictionary out of my pocket, and we would point at words. This worked close to 100% of the time.

I live in the Orlando area, I have not spent much time in the Spanish speaking areas of south Florida, so I really don't know what the culture is there. A previous poster pointed out the differences encountered when dealing with various economic layers of that society, and the remarks in that post do not surprise me at all. I would not be at all surprised to see a more hostile attitude from the less well-off group, but this is fairly common across many cultures and not confined to Hispanic areas.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30641 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
I went to a barber shop in Hialeah about a month ago. 4 barbers aged 55 or older. 1 customer. None of the barbers spoke english. Or they chose not to. Luckily, the lone customer was able to translate my haircut wishes.

I am in Hialeah 3 times a week and I see a lot of this. English is spoken mostly by the younger crowd. The older folks are set in their ways and are content sticking with their native tongue.

Btw, I would not eat in a Taco Bell on a bet.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by sns3guppy:
Go into a latino barber shop and you'll be at the back of the line for every latino that comes in after...if you don't look or sound the part. If you're a poor disadvantaged white irishman like me, you might as well just go to the back of the bus.

Posts: 1978 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was raised in Hialeah in the 50's and 60's,
left in 71, it became the most corrupt city
in Florida,many went to jail.
South Fl has become a shit hole of unimaginable
proportions. What scares me is South Florida
( south of I 4) will likely give us a black
Marxist Governor in Nov. I can see the state
divided in half like Kalifornia, an Texas is next.
Civil War is very likely much sooner than we imagined just a year ago . BUCKLE UP

Posts: 152 | Location: west Florida | Registered: July 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:
Sorry senorita I don't speak spanish, I'll go over to Chick-Fil-A where they speak English.

Not to mention better quality and tasting menu.

Posts: 1953 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
quote:

It used to be mainly Cubans, and when I was growing up was solid blue collar middle class. Every Cuban I know worked to learn English but preserved their own language / culture as a family. Legal immigrants and naturalized.

Now it has shifted to Central Americans as main group (Honduras, Mexico, etc.) and there is no attempt to naturalize or become part of the US.

I still buy my live pigs just outside of Hialeah. But...I used to be able to walk down Calle Ocho and watch the domino players and talk with folks - no concerns. Now, no way. I don’t speak Spanish but understand enough to get along. Sad to say, but So Fla I knew is gone and in it’s place is a culture that is slowly becoming hostile.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
OK, here is my 2 cents. First of all I'm white and 100% Cuban born. My family and I came to the U.S. in 1968. I am a U.S. Citizen now. Spanish is my native language.

If I walked into the above stated Taco Bell and ordered in English and was told that they wouldn't take my order in English. My answer in English "then I'm going someplace else to eat". Followed by the same statement in Spanish.

This has nothing to do with Cubans, Puerto Ricans, Mexicans, Japanese, Koreans, etc...

Some people (of any race, religion, etc..) are just ignorant asswipes, for whatever reason they choose to be.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1897 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post