SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    No Firearms Sign at South Carolina McD's
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

No Firearms Sign at South Carolina McD's Login/Join 
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted
First time I've noticed a sign at a McDonald's. This was in Fort Mill SC. Too bad it doesn't meet SC's no-concealed-carry signage requirements. Wink

Posts: 4023 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Too bad Good thing it doesn't meet SC's no-concealed-carry signage requirements.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30896 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted Hide Post
Since they put up a sign the bad guys will leave their guns in the car.

Posts: 837 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Well, they don't allow guys with briefcases eiither

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4360 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Virtue signaling crap.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15682 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
I figure that is the product of that particular restaurant. Not likely a corporate policy. I was in one here yesterday and no indication of such nonsense.

Just wondering, does that sign apply to rifles and shotguns as well?

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25647 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Too bad Good thing Too bad it doesn't meet SC's no-concealed-carry signage requirements.

Wink

Q

Posts: 26754 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
With that sign up I would not go there, but since I'm no where near SC and I never eat at McD's...Well you get the idea.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1705 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
And that sign wouldn’t mean a damned thing here in Texas. You could even walk in open carry, but WOULD be required to leave if asked...private property issue at that point.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
McDonald's has always had a policy of following the laws of the communities they are in. They don't 'post'. Very likely that is a franchise store.

Starbucks has recently dipped its toe into the controversy by 'asking' customers not to carry in their stores; they do not 'post' though.

The Starbucks one, along with Chipotle, pisses me off because guys like 'this' want their 30 seconds of fame and fuck it up for everyone else.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12368 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
If I was on the road and I had to stop for a bite I'd just ignore it.

Lots of stuff going on there though, when I saw it I was reminded of this:

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
McDonald's has always had a policy of following the laws of the communities they are in. They don't 'post'. Very likely that is a franchise store.

Starbucks has recently dipped its toe into the controversy by 'asking' customers not to carry in their stores; they do not 'post' though.

The Starbucks one, along with Chipotle, pisses me off because guys like 'this' want their 30 seconds of fame and fuck it up for everyone else.

Exactly. I was having this discussion with a friend and he was aghast that while I support the second amendment, and have no issues with open carry, I agree that guys that are toting an M4 or a SKS into the local McDonalds, Starbucks, Target, etc. fucks it up for all of us.
Is it their right? Absolutely (depending in locale and laws), and that right shouldn’t be infringed upon.
It should also be looked at by the guys toting their long guns around, that with all the media frenzy of late, they aren’t furthering our cause to possess firearms, but casting a negative light upon it.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4081 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
StarBucks stood firm on their "community support" policy ... for awhile. But even FoxNews started piling on (thanks Gretchen) and then pro2A dudes starting having open carry gatherings at Starbucks and that was it.

"please do not carry in our store"

I asked the manager of 'my' starbucks what his thoughts were on concealed carry, and he was very supportive. They (corporate) wanted to shut down the open carry gatherings. (the managers opinion not a formal statement).
He encouraged me to exercise my 2A rights by concealed carrying.

The owner of the three McDonalds near me and I shoot IDPA together. He is a pretty cool dude. I dont see him putting up one of these signs Smile

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3609 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't go out in public dressed like that, especially to a High Class joint like McDonald's.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7136 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
If ANY business in the State of Texas wants to prohibit the open carry of weapons on its property, THIS is what needs to be LEGALLY displayed:

As previously stated, a business not displaying that sign has the right to ask a person to leave if they enter the premises carrying openly, but it would be really nice for the business to post the proper signs so that douchebags, as those pictured above, don't cause a ruckus for "the rest of us". To add...not that I open carry in the first place.

In Texas, this is not legal signage and doesn't mean squat. I'll conceal carry in these places 24/7...

But I guess THIS sign means open carry is OK?? Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Had a local gas station post a "no guns" sign a few years ago. Only noticed it after fueling. Walked in and asked about it. Claimed some customers had complained that "guns scare them." I told them that as long as that sign was up I'd be taking my business elsewhere.

A few weeks later I noticed it was gone.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I'd ask fatso in the second pic why he's carrying a rifle since he's going to die from the diabeetus in 5...4....3.... Wink
He should be open carrying some vegetables.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
I figure that is the product of that particular restaurant. Not likely a corporate policy. I was in one here yesterday and no indication of such nonsense.

Just wondering, does that sign apply to rifles and shotguns as well?

Appears to apply only to 1911 pattern semiautos.

Posts: 27021 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069: Very likely that is a franchise store.

Was just thinking this. Since McD's are franchise operations, is it up to the franchise to seek their own insurance policies? Other than a franchise owner own likes/dislikes, I'm sure what ever insurance policy they carry, requires posting of customer restrictions.

Posts: 14777 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
I'd ask fatso in the second pic why he's carrying a rifle since he's going to die from the diabeetus in 5...4....3.... Wink
He should be open carrying some vegetables.

Posts: 23731 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post