SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Interesting Story About Charles Barkley & Friendship
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Interesting Story About Charles Barkley & Friendship Login/Join 
posted

Posts: 1526 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great read.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
That was a great story. Thanks for posting it.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Never be too reserved to say;"Hi!".

That might be a turrible thing.

Just turrible turrible turrible...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43859 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Cool.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53120 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
Have to agree that was a fantastic story. I have known Charles was a great human being warts and all from many stories I have read about him. This one just adds to that legacy in my opinion. We all say and do some stupid shit in our lives, Barkley included, but the whole of a man is more important than a few choice words at the wrong time. He wears it on his sleeve and says what is on his mind. I respect him for that.

Posts: 1769 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Sir Charles is a Class Act. Thanks for posting that touching story.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very touching. Great story.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting that story!

Great to hear things like that in this day and age. Glad your dad got to experience that relationship.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25641 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
I’ve been a fan of Barkley sinse his “I am not a role model” campaign for Nike. He said raise your own damn kids.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Interesting story, always liked Barkley and also Lin was living in my original home town I grew up in.

Posts: 22888 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Barkley isn't a politically correct person. He seems like he's a very real person who embraces the reality of being human. It must be incredibly shocking to Lin's family and friends that he was friends with Barkley, two men who seemingly didn't have anything in common but they had a lot in common.

I found this to be especially touching:

quote:
all you want is your kids to be happy. That’s what you work for. To give your kids everything in life

Posts: 13085 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post