SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Medicine from China -Now FDA recalled mine
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Medicine from China -Now FDA recalled mine Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
An update. Frown Links to an expanded list of the affected meds are in the article.

More blood pressure, heart failure medications added to FDA recall

The FDA says the list now includes valsartan-containing products manufactured by Hetero Labs Limited, in India, labeled as Camber Pharmaceuticals Inc.

https://www.9news.com/article/...-recall/67-582454904

Posts: 4756 | Registered: July 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
Doc’s office just called. Got switched to Losartan.

Mine too and it seems to work a little better.

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1365 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Ah yes, Chinese medicine. It'll let you see things no one else can see...do things no one else can do.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Until the heads of the pharmaceutical companies are held 100% criminally and financially accountable, they will continue to outsource to the lowest bidder and just let attorneys handle the suits.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
My wife's was on the list.
They replaced it with another brand

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
After many frustrating experiences with Chinese products being inferior and even with obsolescence engineered in, I wouldn't trust anything consequential that comes from China.

If it's food or medicine from China, I avoid it completely.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8679 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
After many frustrating experiences with Chinese products being inferior and even with obsolescence engineered in, I wouldn't trust anything consequential that comes from China.

But, if it's a 20 year old female from China, I might give it a shot.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
It's funny how we piss and moan about the FDA...until they find tainted medications from China.

Wink

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
I don't want anything made in China entering my body.Drugs,food or anything that goes on my skin.

+1

Anything where the quality/ingredients/design cannot be identified visually as being correct, I don't get from China. Cheap furniture? What's the downside? But drugs?!?!?

I would refuse to pick up a prescription filled with Chinese-made 'pharmaceuticals'. There are plenty of pharmacies out there.

Posts: 15029 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Now there is a recall on a few thyroid medications due to components manufactured in China failing to meet FDA standards.

"Westminster Pharmaceuticals, LLC is voluntarily recalling all lots, within expiry, of Levothyroxine and Liothyronine (Thyroid Tablets, USP) 15 mg, 30 mg, 60 mg, 90 mg, & 120 mg to the wholesale level. These products are being recalled as a precaution because they were manufactured using active pharmaceutical ingredients that were sourced prior to the FDA’s Import Alert of Sichuan Friendly Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., which as a result of a 2017 inspection were found to have deficiencies with Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP). "

https://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm616601.htm

Posts: 17886 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Read this AM that a Chinese pharma company screwed up a whole bunch of DPT vaccine sold to a Chinese province.

I would hate to be the president of that firm.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Now certain Losartan HCTZ medications are being recalled. Same reason.

https://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm625492.htm

Getting ridiculous.

Posts: 17886 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some Walmart vitamins are made in China. I just returned two unopened bottles.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I take Losartan/HCTZ in the dosage listed in the recall. The label says they are made by Aurobindo Pharma in India and should be okay. I'll check with my pharmacist to be sure though.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
They must have exceeded the maximum allowable drywall/rat dung content.

quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
Now there is a recall on a few thyroid medications due to components manufactured in China failing to meet FDA standards.

"Westminster Pharmaceuticals, LLC is voluntarily recalling all lots, within expiry, of Levothyroxine and Liothyronine (Thyroid Tablets, USP) 15 mg, 30 mg, 60 mg, 90 mg, & 120 mg to the wholesale level. These products are being recalled as a precaution because they were manufactured using active pharmaceutical ingredients that were sourced prior to the FDA’s Import Alert of Sichuan Friendly Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., which as a result of a 2017 inspection were found to have deficiencies with Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP). "

https://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm616601.htm

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I have , along with other people, noticed side effects when refilling BP prescriptions at times, even though the medication and dosage remained the same. My body adjusted, and when it gets refilled, slight side effects occur again when refilled.
This is from generic based medications.
I think now, its the variance in chemicals. Perhaps ingredients from China causing it.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
I take Losartan/HCTZ in the dosage listed in the recall. The label says they are made by Aurobindo Pharma in India and should be okay. I'll check with my pharmacist to be sure though.

Jim

I checked my wife's this AM. Same Indian company. Sandoz was the recalled manufacturer.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post