SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Medicine from China -Now FDA recalled mine
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Medicine from China -Now FDA recalled mine Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted
11-13-18***Now some Losartan recalled
https://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm625492.htm

UPDATE-FDA recalled the one they gave me - Valsartan

https://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents...ements/ucm613532.htm

Even more pissed

---

Well, this is a first. Normally my generic meds come from India or the US. Today I received BP meds made in China. How involved is the FDA when it comes to imported medicine? I do not trust China.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Oz_Shadow,

Posts: 17881 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8615 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Oh hell no!. BP medication is cheap, cheap. Why would anyone buy it from China.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did you order the BP medicine with the lead or the one with the Fentanyl. Something is the matter with your PBM.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Chinese med's side effect: impotence.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Did you order the BP medicine with the lead or the one with the Fentanyl. Something is the matter with your PBM.

I was wondering how much drywall and chicken shit was in it.

Posts: 17881 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Chinese med's side effect: impotence.

From head to toe.

Posts: 8615 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
The FDA is involved, but I think their ability to monitor this is limited. Given some disastrous outcomes (heparin comes to mind), I don't know why we would trust our meds to Chinese production.

Posts: 18044 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
After many frustrating experiences with Chinese products being inferior and even with obsolescence engineered in, I wouldn't trust anything consequential that comes from China.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
High Speed Low Drag
Operator in the Innis Mode
Picture of Ke Bo Li
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:

well Fentanyl will lower the BP quite bit....

I think the "check engine" light is burned out

Posts: 710 | Location: Portland,OR | Registered: October 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Did you get these in the mail? Is that how you know where they came from?

I don't know where my generic drugs come from but I get them at a pharmacy. I know my parents now get many of there drugs in the mail. My mom was getting a three-month supply of one drug every month and another one only about a third of what she needed when her insurance first moved to mail order pharmacies.

I would not want my drugs coming from China.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16391 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:
Did you get these in the mail? Is that how you know where they came from?

I don't know where my generic drugs come from but I get them at a pharmacy. I know my parents now get many of there drugs in the mail. My mom was getting a three-month supply of one drug every month and another one only about a third of what she needed when her insurance first moved to mail order pharmacies.

I would not want my drugs coming from China.

No, my regular pharmacy at the hospital. A lot of times I get a whole unopened bottle with a sticker slapped on the side.

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
The Chinese evidently can’t produce children’s toys without contaminating them with lead. The science journal Nature has run articles about how Chinese science laboratories are plagued with counterfeit reagents produced in-country. Relatives who are working as sort-of missionaries there gave me some green tea they brought on a recent visit; when I brewed it there was an oily slick on top. Needless to say, it was dumped out along with the considerable quantity left.

Do we believe their pharmaceuticals will be produced to higher standards?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I wouldn’t go near that shit.

I’d pay for $3,000 a month ibuprofen before I’d take a Chinese medication.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't want anything made in China entering my body.Drugs,food or anything that goes on my skin.

Posts: 12658 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
A number of reports where the best case is inert (although not good for something like nitro taken for acute heart conditions); many cases where the fake medicine is harmful or deadly.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12713 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All the time
Picture of Gear.Up
posted Hide Post
It's even worse. If the medicine doesn't come from China, many if not all of the ingredients originate there.

Posts: 2320 | Location: East TN | Registered: July 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I wonder how often the other meds come from China. If I hadn't gotten the original container I would never have known. I'll be telling them no meds from China or I'll use a different pharmacy.

Picture of Photoman
posted Hide Post
Greed is going to kill us all.

+++

Posts: 1561 | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
I had one doctor who made an effort to make sure his patients did not end up with Chinese meds. Only one.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post